I'm Glad I Met You

Yume's POV

"Hello Yume."

My eyes widen at his words.

"You said it!" I smile, surprised. "You actually said my name!"

He smiles gently. "Of course. One day had to be the day."

"But why now?"

He looks the moon. "The time seemed right."

I try to find some information from his words.

"I'm happy that all went well with the movie. It's always good to end something great when we do our best." I say and Subaru nods.

I look at him. And that look turned into a stare.

I never thought of Subaru's appearance. For me, he was just someone that it wasn't worth thinking of that.

But now that we are good friends – and with my feelings as they are – I can't help but notice it now.

He is handsome. Maybe even more than that. My eyes wonder around his body. I saw it in the beach: his muscles and abs. But even with the suit on, the shape of it could still be seen.

I quickly look in front of me as I shake my head. I blush from my thoughts. How did end up thinking like this about him?

"Is everything okay?" He asks, noticing my behavior.

"Yes." I simply say.

Silence installs between us. I want to say something but what?

I can feel my pulsation trough my body. My heart seems to want to say something. So, I just follow my instincts.

"Subaru?" He turns his head and looks at me, a questioning look on his eyes. I take a deep breath. "I'm glad that I met you."

His eyes widen and I could see a faint blush growing on his cheeks. Is it possible that... No, it can't be.

"W-What?"

"I was just thinking of how much my life changed by meeting you. Thanks to you, I gained experience in my career, I overcame my strange power and I got to meet... new types of feelings." I smile brightly at him. "That's why, Subaru, I'm so happy that I met you."

His face is a mix of surprise and shock. Obviously, he was not expecting me saying this. I was not expecting it, too.

Then, his gaze returns to the mysterious one.

"I'm glad that I met you too, Yume."

And then, as if something was showing me the answer, I finally realize the look. So simple, so unbelievable... His gaze was a gaze full of love.

My heart flutters at the intensity of his gaze. His eyes seemed like flames. Blue and beautiful flames.

"Yume, I..." He stops and breaths. "I like you."

My heart stops for a moment. A long moment, in my opinion.

"O-Of course. I-I mean, we're friends." I stutter.

He shakes his head, trying to find the words. "N-No, I mean... more than friends. And... do you remember that song that I sang to you in the tree?" I just nod. "Well, I actually composed it for you."

The blush now passes to my ears.

I find myself unable to say anything. Subaru looks anxiously at me.

"Are you not going to say something?" He says, hesitantly.

"I'm having difficulties to find the words."

He walks closer to me and grabs one of my hands.

"That sounds good to me."

I avoid his look. "Yume, do you mind if I...?" He doesn't finish but it wasn't necessary. I already understood everything.

I shake lightly my head. He gulps and puts his other hand on my waist, pulling us closer.

I let go of his hand and now my tow hands travel to his chest. His now free hand goes to my back.

He leans in and I do the same, yearning for the contact that eventually came.

It wasn't like our first kiss. That time, I wasn't understanding a thing of what was going on and I was too confused to correspond. But now, I wanted this. I knew I did.

And so, I felt butterflies flying through my body as we were kissing. This time, I enjoyed it.

We pull apart just a bit, our noses touching. Our breaths mixing with each other.

"I like you too, Subaru." It really felt good saying this words out loud. Because I finally know that they are the truth.

He smiles and in quick movements, he lifts me, grabbing my waist, and spin us around.

I yell. "Hey, Subaru, put me down, now!"

"Look at the view!" He stops for me to look. I do as he says and my breath seemed to be taken away. It was gorgeous. I smile dreamily.

"See? Even highs can be great!" I look down at him and caress his cheek.

I feel safe with him.

"Just because you are here."

He puts me in the ground again and closes the gap between us. My arms wrap around his neck and my fingers tug on his hair. He tightly embraces me, cutting any distance between us.

We hug each other for a while. My head was on his chest and I could feel his fast heartbeat. I smile. Who knew that I had the same effect on him as he has on me?

"You know," I start. "I'm sad that this is the end." I say, referring to the movie.

He moves his hand to my chin, lifting it to meet his gaze.

"Oh, this is not the end," Subaru's face comes closer to mine and I go into my tip toes to the same.

"This is only the beginning."

My goodness, last chapter. *sniffs*

See ya at the epilogue! Oh, and I just love that fanart. It's just too cute!

Xau!