*After graduation*

Mina's POV

I woke up from a doorbell. I checked the time. It was 2 in the morning. Right it must be Rose's friends to ditch drunk Rose at the doorstep. She was at a party. I yawned, put on a bathrobe to somehow warm myself. It was quite chilly.

I went downstairs and opened the door. It was Rose, just as I expected. I heard a car zooming away somewhere in the distance. Rose was goofily smiling. "Hey Mina!" Rose exclaimed, looking up and toppling over to the left, stopping herself from falling with her foot. 

I sighed and took Rose by the hand, pulling her inside. "I thought you promised me not to chug Vodka." I said, putting her down onto the couch. "I didn't though...." Rose mumbled, still smiling. "Then what did you drink that made you this drunk?" I asked her, quickly grabbing the biggest bowl from the kitchen and giving it to her in case she puked.

"Just some good old Bacardi!" Rose replied like it was no big deal.

"What? That aint something to be proud of! That thing contains 75.5% alcohol! You know that!"

"You made me pwomees not to drink Vodka so I drank some white RuM!!!! I didn't break the pwomees!"

"Still just as bad! Why are you drinking so much god damn?!"

"Cuz why nawt? I live life to da fullest!!!!"

And at that moment Rose puked. I sighed. I took the bow from her (trying not to look at the disgusting green liquid that stank of alcohol) and washed out it's contents. "Come on. You need to get some sleep and sober up. You have work tomorrow." I told her and helped her get up. I helped her up the stairs and took her into her room. I sat her on the bed, took off her jacket and high heels, made her lie down and sighed.

I was about to leave when suddenly Rose opened her eyes and grabbed my wrist.

"Mina?" She mumbled, trying to keep her tired eyes open. "Yeah?" I whispered to her.

"What would I do without you." Rose told me and that sentence made me smile.

"You'd probably be walking around the streets drunk as hell and you would sleep with every guy who you'd bump into." I replied.

Rose smiled and then fell asleep, her hand relaxing the grip on my wrist and her mouth slightly opening. I looked at her for a bit, sighed once more and turned off the light. I then left her room and went to bed myself.

~~

Rose's POV

I woke up to a killing head ache. The first 10 minutes I spent wriggling from pain. I then made myself get up, and went downstairs.

I saw Mina cooking up some eggs. At least I thought they were. My vision was kinda fuzzy. My brain wasn't functioning properly and the headache felt like blades cutting through my scalp and right through my head. I sat down and cradled my head in my arms.

Mina saw that and stopped. "Headache?" She asked. "Yeah..." I replied, trying to take deep breaths.

"I'll fill in for you then." Mina replied, washing her hands.

"What? But Mina you also have a job!" I exclaimed, looking at her.

"Yes but you are on your last warning and if you don't turn up you will be fired. I will call your boss and tell him I'm going for you but that means that you will have to work through these weekends as well. You know that right?"

"Yeah..." I then looked down at the ground, feeling guilty.

"So you agree to those rules?"

"Mhm..." I replied, scared that if I nod then my head will topple onto the ground and break.

"Coolio. I'll go and call your boss now." Mina told me and went into the other room.

I listened to her replying to my boss who was probably screaming. I could hear a few bits and pieces he was screaming out.

"Yes.... Mhm... No sir– yes she understands. Mhm. Yes she will. Ok thank you so much sir. Goodbye now." I could hear Mina replying.

The phone call ended. She walked back into the kitchen and sighed, leaning against the counter and looking down, her hair in a very messy braid, her round glasses on the edge of falling.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled.

"No no... it's fine just–" She began and sighed once more, looking up. "I promised this guy that I'd meet up with him today at lunch break but... I'll have to cancel. And I also promised my coworker that I'll buy our colleagues coffee... uuughhhhhhhh!!!!!" Mina screamed kicking the bench.

I walked up to her and hugged her from behind. "I promise that I won't drink for 3 months." I whispered into her ear. We stood there for a bit. The silence made me realise how in pain I was. But I felt bad. I felt bad that her colleagues would think that she just didn't want to buy them coffee, and that she won't be able to meet the guy she met on tinder... she's been single for 2 years. Meanwhile I have a boyfriend, I don't have to buy coffee for anyone, and that I never really payed Mina back for all she did for me.

"Well, what are we standing here for? Go have a rest and I need to get to Rose's hell." Mina told me, leading me off back into my room.

I heard the door close. She left to work my shift. I sighed and fell asleep. 

~~

I woke up when I heard the doorbell. I checked the time. It was already 2pm. I opened the door. It was some man.

"Um.... may I help you...?" I asked the man.

He was quite fit, he had a very fine jaw, thin lips and blue eyes. He had dark brown hair and a hooked nose. His hair was sticking up everywhere and he was wearing a jean jacket and jeans, with a white shirt underneath the jacket and sunglasses placed on his head.

"Uh... is... Mina Park here?" The man asked.

"No. She's working."

"Oh... she told me that she had a lunch break at this time. Well actually she told me she'd meet me an hour ago."

Then it hit me. The date.

"Yeah um... there was just a slight issue... with her time table... um.... you see... she's working my shift right now... because I am sick... and so.... yeah I thought she told you....?" I told him.

I wasn't going to lie.

"Oh ok. Well... thanks for telling me. I better head off now then, I'll try and discuss another time with her. Goodbye." He said and left.

I closed the door behind me and went back into my room. I fell asleep again and when I woke up, Mina was back home.