"Hyaah! Hyahh!" He rushed the horse faster and faster. If he could, he would have flown to her side and gathered the frightened little woman into his arms.

Song Wuyou already knew Gu Yanhao was catching up. Initially she wanted to try stopping the horse herself, but in a light bulb moment she let the reins drop from her hands. In that instant, her body went flying.

"No!" Watching her petite body thrown into the air in a peculiar arch, Gu Yanhao's face went ashen, and his eyes turned red.

Chapter 107: Beg You

Chapter 107: Beg You... Don't Punish My Nine Familial Connections

His scream resounded throughout the pasture. Mu Gu, who had just appeared, stumbled into this scene and was so startled that he forgot to think.

Song Wuyou's body made a sharp arch in the air and fell to the ground.

The curve that she made was aesthetically strange and beautiful. At first, Song Wuyou wanted to reduce the impact of the fall. After all, she was a martial arts practitioner in her past life. Things like qing gong [1], she could influence them easily. But why? Why can't she control her own body?

Her entire body crashed heavily onto the ground before Gu Yanhao could reach her. Although the pasture had a soft ground and grass everywhere, her rotten luck had her crashing into a sculpture.  It was a sculpture of a Carp Leaping Over Dragon's Gate[2]. It was made of steel and was painted exquisitely, looking quite vivid and lifelike.

Song Wuyou's body crashed against the sculpture, rolled down, and even rolled several meters on the grass. This series of tortures made Song Wuyou feel like she was about to report to the underworld.

Promptly reporting.

She actually wanted to devise a little fall from the horse so that Gu Yanhao would blame Song Jiuyue, but this pain... was she asking for it herself?

Another burst of pain came from her chest and in a sudden choked breath, blood flowed from her mouth. She was about to lose consciousness from the pain, and her thoughts became muddled. As Song Wuyou lay there, hasty sounds of hooves vaguely thudded in her ears. Turning her head feebly, she looked in the direction the sound was coming from.

Gu Yanhao charged the horse as he dashed towards her. It felt as if she'd caught a glimpse of panic and concern on his face. There was still some distance left – and the horse had yet to stop – but he'd already leaped down from the horse's back, running to her side.

"Song Wuyou!" As he made a mad dash, and he called out her name anxiously. The worry and concern on his face were no mere pretenses. Seeing his reaction pulled at Song Wuyou's heartstrings. Her vision blurred further and images overlapped. It was as if she saw someone wearing steel armor with a long spear rushing to her side, his face twisted, his armor blood-stained, his eyes―penetrating sharp eyes. Every single stab of the spear takes a life. As long as someone dared to approach him closely, they would lose their lives. He was just like a God of Slaughter, a high and mighty bearer of death.