Lively Ghost - One

Start from the beginning

"That will be enough, Miss Clearwater. Please take your seat. There will be no further interruptions or you will be given another after-school detention. Thank you," Mrs. Styles snapped turning her attention to her computer. Grace mumbled something incoherent before sitting down in her assigned seat, which was unfortunately in the front row. Every teacher in this school had a thing for separating us. I was the innocent girl, whereas Grace, is my little bad girl.

I rolled my eyes kinda fed up with Grace. If she just went along with me saying everything was fine that whole scene could have been avoided. Mrs. Styles' reaction was odd. As much as I needed to focus on my schooling, I just couldn't. My mind kept racing back to the brunette boy in the hall. Maybe someone knew something I didn't.

"Hey, Victoria, what do you know about the new guy?" I asked.

"Uh, honey, what new guy?" Victoria narrowed her eyes curiously towards me.

"Curly brown hair, green eyes..." I trailed off as my eyes inspected the small classroom for any boys with similar facial features. My eyes focused on a picture posted on Mrs. Styles' whiteboard. A teenage boy dressed in a white t-shirt, black skinny jeans, a black leather biker jacket with his hair tied back in a black bandana. In the background of the black and white photograph, there were tombstones surrounding him.

Victoria's eyes seemed to have followed mine. "He died three years ago in an extreme car crash after one of the best parties to ever be held. Carter Andrews' legendary graduation bash. Mrs. Styles' son was one of the few people killed. Such a shame, he was a total cutie. That, my dear, is Harry Styles."

There must have been a mistake. Was I seeing dead people? Maybe it was all apart of my imagination. But why had Grace seen him too if it was in my imagination? It's possible all of the studying of paranormal activity Grace and I have been doing lately had really taken a toll on us.

He who shall have had an intervention with a spirit of any sort shall be granted eternal life with the spirit. An eternal life of sickness, health, happiness, and love. An eternal life of protecting one another from negative energy.

I searched my mind trying to remember anything about ghost and human run-ins.

If a spirit shall target the living; he has found his soul mate. This gives the spirit and his soul mate eternal life with one another. Spirits must choose wisely when picking a lover. For if the creature from the human world does not return the same love and affection; spirit will be banished from the human world.

Of course, we didn't believe any of those stories. Some nerd probably made that up for role-playing or something. There is no information to support those stories and I haven't heard anything from anyone about these stories actually happening to real people.

Before I could ask Victoria any more questions, the classroom door slowly crept open. I directed my attention span towards the door. Everyone else seemed to pay no attention to the new figure entering. From what I could see I made the figure out to be a boy. He was dressed in the same attire as Mrs. Styles' and the boy in the hall. Much to my astonishment, he took a seat in the empty chair next to me.

"I finally caught you, darling. This isn't a nice way to treat the dead," his hot breath tickled my ear as he leaned closer to me, "babe."

I gulped, gathering up enough courage to look at the boy who spoke next to me. A pale glow haunted his colorless face causing his complexion to look dull. The way his jaw was structured made it obvious he hadn't eaten in a while. Did a dead person really need to eat? What am I saying? This was simply just a cruel joke some guy was trying to pull off. Probably a dare or something. There's no way Mrs. Styles' dead son is currently sitting next to me. He's been dead for three years and I have—had no relations to him whatsoever.