U| Back In Action - 01

New Orleans, Louisiana

  "Welcome home.." Noir announced in a sing-song tune as she looked up in the rear view mirror into the cold, coffee colored orbs of Jewelle. They had a stare off for a few seconds before Jewelle snatched her gaze away, looking out the window at the large buildings and billboards whipping by the window. Something didn't sit right with Jewelle that they had to be allowed to come home. Was it even home anymore? It had been three months since she fell off the face of the earth completely; leaving her education and family behind as if it was nothing, as if it meant nothing, and all Justice did was give her "pep-talks" on why it was for the better. It never sunk in though.

In the backseat of the candy blue Jeep, the black interior leaked a darker tension throughout the car despite the laughter spilling from Justice's lips as Noir commented on how thick his chin hair had grown. She reached her long arm over and pinched it a couple of times, making Jewelle's skin crawl as her protective girlfriend senses began to kick in.

She internally relaxed herself, hugging her arms as she closed her eyes and thought of how happy everyone would be to see her.

"So, what are you going to do once you're home?" She heard Noir's cool tone remark after a little laughter had died down, making Jewelle's inside burn again.

Justice hesitated to answer. "Uh," he looked over his shoulder at Jewelle who instinctly met his eye, daringly. Her smooth brown arms were crossed over one another and her long, pitch black hair was draped over each shoulder delicately yet her face held a hard, mean mug that nearly snatched his words out his mouth. "I- to be honest, uh, I'm probably just going to chill."

Jewelle smacked her lips, knowing too well that he was lying yet set her eyes back out the window, shaking her head. "Sounds like a good time, what about you, Jewelle?" Noir asked, looking up at the mirror at her again.

"Stop." Jewelle spat bitterly. "Stop pretending like everything is cool because it's not. Don't have small talk with me, do it with hi-"

"Chill man—"

"Fuck that!" Jewelle snapped, rolling her eyes before turning her attention back to the streets. "Please, just don't talk to me for the rest of the ride."

Silence crept through the windows and into the car, the only sound being the very faint music on the radio and the fan of the air conditioner blowing artificial air. The grass grew greener and the large buildings began to transform into a neighborhood as Jewelle watched house after house pass under the trees, sometimes kids would cross her view and she would get spurts of memories where everything was so simple. A young Jewelle and Zamora running in circles on the grass as Rosè got her hair braided by their mother, looking down at her pager to see who was throwing a party or meeting at the mall. The memory would bring a slight smile to her face until she remembered where she was in present day.

"Jewelle.." Justice called out as Jewelle opened her eyes from another memory, catching her attention. When she looked around and noticed the car was at a complete halt, she became more aware. "You're home."

All she could do was nod before she reached for the door handle to let herself out. She didn't even give a second look to Justice or Noir once she saw the large estate they were in front of. It wasn't recognizable at all until she saw the oak wood door open and her oldest sister was standing on the other side. She nearly ran to her as Rosè met her half way, their embrace tight as they spun in a circle of love.

"Oh, my God, Jewelle!" Rosè exclaimed, petting her head as she gave her an unbearably tight bear hug. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Oh shit, me too." A deeper voice sung out before they let go of each other. Jewelle looked over and smiled brightly when she saw Kai standing there behind her. "What's up, lil' Je—"