Chapter Thirteen: Blue and Silver Balloons

Začít od začátku

It’s been only a few week or so and I’ve been missing Jasper like crazy. We ignored each other during English class even though we’re only a meter apart.

Not only that, it seems that he’s still mad at Tristan. The latter kept reassuring me that Jasper will cool off soon enough, but from the looks of everything, we’re not really moving forward with anything.

Wait a minute, maybe Tristan can help me.

“Will Tristan be there?” I asked, looking out to the front door of Kyla’s house, making sure she wasn’t out yet.

I heard some ruffling from the other line, the manager was probably looking at our schedules to check about my question, “Yes, he’s scheduled to work later this afternoon.”

“Great, I’ll be there,” I stated and then I saw Kyla head out of her house, waving goodbye at her mother who was standing at their porch.

Giving her a goodbye, I hung up and threw my phone into my bag. I rolled down my window and waved at my best friend’s mother.

“So are we prepping up the gym later?” Kyla questioned enthusiastically as she slid into the vehicle, strapping on her seatbelt as she threw her bag to the back.

Shaking my head, I pulled out of her driveway, turning to drive to the main street, “Can’t, our boss asked if I could work later.”

Her face fell and from the chirpy look she had on, her expression morphed into something of frustration, “I’ll take the damn shift for you!”

We can’t do that, Kyla, I’m up to something with our resident chef.

“You were the one assigned to organizing the table arrangement, you’re much more needed than I am,” I told her, stopping at a red light, “It’s just one day, and you can manage without me, just call me if you have any troubles.”

She crossed her arms over her chest as she looked absolutely aggravated with my statement.

Calm down, girl, it’s just one day, and it’s not like I’m stealing Tristan away from you.

The thing is, Jasper threw me a weird look when I breezed past him during English. He was wearing the same expression Kyla had when we dismissed yesterday after the meeting. It was a look I knew all too well, he wanted to ask me something.

Ask away, Jasper, I’ll answer. I’m ready to call quits if you’re going to talk to me.

Just as what I predicted, he kept his lips shut as the rest of the class rolled on and I sighed rather loudly when he stood up after the bell rang.

Kyla was no help either, she kept insisting that I should help with the floor plan for the gym. I had my trust on her that she was perfectly capable of doing this job without me.

I had to wait until she wasn’t looking before I could sprint away from her. She had me under the radar the whole day because she was so against me working.

I’m sorry, Kyla, but it’s time for me to stop being a moron and finally attempt to mend my friendship with Jasper.

“Tristan!” I called, running up to him after I had changed into my uniform.

He looked up from the batter that he was mixing and gave me a smile, “Glad to finally see you in the café again, where’s Kyla?”

“Don’t even mention her,” I groaned, pulling out a stool. I had enough with her, the only thing she hadn’t done to stop from leaving was gluing me to her side.

He gave me a curious look but with the face I was sporting, he shrugged it off, doing the wiser decision of letting the topic go, “So what does our wonderful president need from me?”