strange arms.

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I think you should go." I said pointing at the clock. 

"Ugh seriously I don't want to go. Why should I be babysitting that little dwarf?" She rolled her eyes. 

"Because otherwise your parents didn't want another kid. Remember you wanted a little brother but your folks didn't wanted to have another kid? But little Eve here promised she would help out." I poked her shoulder while I said the last part.

"I would be silent with just a puppy." She pushed herself up from the floor.

"So why didn't you just ask for a puppy smart ass?" I got up with her to walk her out. Our houses were across each other but still we walked each other to exactly the middle.

"Because I was ten and in my eyes it was easier to get a kid than a puppy. I was just young and clueless." She got a bit offended but shook it off.

"HAHA you were definitely the smartest kid I know." I gave her left side a hug letting her know I still loved her, in the corner of my eyes I saw her rolling her eyes.

"Like you were so smart with your running away every time." She pushed me off of her side.

"Hey I was looking for adventure there is nothing stupid about that." I put my hands up defensive. 

"It is when you're ten and you don't have any money. Talking about an adventure did you ask your folks about New York yet?" She looked down which meant she didn't asked.

"Nope and neither did you, so how about dinner tomorrow?" I stopped as we were already at the gate of my house which meant we were on the middle of the trip to her house. 

 "Yeah good idea, see you tomorrow eleven thirty here." She pointed down at the pavement. 

"You drive." I yelled while turning around. 

"Oh you sure miss Cooper?" I turned around when she said it, facing her creepy smiling face.

"Oh I'm ready miss pierce." I yelled while turning around again. I really was ready to go back into the car, just not riding myself. I would rather wait with that for a week or so.

I heard a little laugh coming from her but I ignored it walking in a fast pass back into my home. 

"Nana? You here?" I heard noises coming from my room, while I was sure I was alone. I stepped forward slowly, step for step up the stairs. I felt my throat get dry, it was somehow not possible to swallow anymore. 

"Cat? Mom? Dad? Please somebody say something." I can't believe my body was still walking forward I should probably turn around cry and yell, but no I was drawn to my room straight into the noise. 

"You know sexy you should really lock the door behind you." The deep low voice came softly from behind me, and again before I could release my breath full of cusses he covered my mouth.

As soon as I felt calm down I opened my mouth to lick his hand. 

"Really mature, sexy." I turned my body around to face the masked man. I was ready to kick him out of my house when I heard noises still coming from my room.

"You weren't in my room?" I could feel my heart drop at the moment I realized what was going on. I chocked and all I could hear was the rumble in my room, what if there is a killer? What if there is a kidnapper? What if... Oh damn it I don't know it anymore even my mind isn't working anymore.

"Don't worry sexy I'm here to protect you." The stranger whispered in my ear as he pulled my waist close to him. His voice tingly on my skin making every singly hair stand up. 

"Don't you ever call me that again, ballerina. Now hush, hush be the hero." I teased back, but still with annoyance in my voice about the nickname he gave me. And I pushed him towards my room to fight the bad ass in my room.

"Don't you want to stay back here?" He was surprised I was following him into my room.

"Nope I want to kick some ass, plus if it's a misunderstanding I need to be there to clear things up." I followed the guy close but I kept my distance not touching the stranger.

"Ah though girl? I like it." He didn't looked back to see my face, I guess that was a good thing cause I was making a disgusting face. How the hell could he say that? In my face! Doesn't he has any shame at all?

I gave him a soft push letting know I wasn't pleased at all at his commentary. 

 He walked into my room as I stood in the doorway, with only my head showing. There was nobody and my room was exactly like I left it. I stepped into my cold room as I realized the window was wide open. The masked man went into the bathroom as I tried to stabilize my breathe, I could feel someone looking at me. But all I did was stand there, I couldn't move nothing was letting me leave the my spot. Have you ever had that feeling where you were on the most safest place but still you felt like you were on the edge of an clough one step away from death? I'm in that position now. 

"You okay?" The masked man came out of my bathroom. No I wasn't I wanted to shout at him, fall down on the floor crying and hug him all at the same time. But I can't I need to be strong, there is a stranger in my room and he could totally take advantage of me when he knows I'm in weak circumstances. But my mind and body weren't working together, everything was going wrong in my body. I stood there shaking my head and as soon as he looked at me I broke down. I fell on the floor crying, shaking and ready to yell. I bit my lip not wanting to shout. 

"There was someone here, I could have been dead if it wasn't for you. Who knows what could have happened." I bit my lip trying to stay on an acceptable level and not shout at him.

He kneeled down next to me and he lifted my chin up, I couldn’t see him clear through my tears but I thought I saw concern in his expression.

“I’m here.” He said pulling me in a tight hug, that somehow made me feel save. He’s a stranger but he made me feel the safest I ever felt, though his words weren’t helping me from crying. I buried my face in his shoulder as the tears slowly stopped running down my cheeks. As much as I wanted to stay in this position I couldn’t something was eating me from the inside to push this man away. So I did, I tried to push him away but he didn’t move one bit, it wasn’t working he was still holding me.

“Let me go.” I shouted now punching him in the chest but he didn’t move. He was not letting go of me like he knew I didn’t want him to let go of me. Still I didn’t stop shouting and in a second he was gone. He was just gone, gone like that. Poef gone.

“No, no don’t leave me alone.” I was grabbing at air trying to reach him. I was confused as the tears ran faster and faster down my cheek. He just left me while he knew I wasn’t save here.

“Belle? Belle? Shhsst it’s okay.” My mom sat down next to me, pulling me in her arms. Those arms, I ran into for comfort for more than sixteen years now, didn’t felt save enough. I wanted the arms of a stranger.

“No, no.” I whispered to myself as my mom rocked me on the floor. It made me sick inside that this somehow isn’t good enough for me. What am I thinking? Choosing strangers over my mom.

It’s weird though that my mom was the only person I could always feel comfort with when I felt sad or mad, while over day we don’t really have the best relationship. And now even that is gone.