chapter 1

A/N a friend gave me the idea of doing this on the 4th of July.

"The blood moon will be our tonight!" Jack yelled from the kitchen. "Perfect time to catch the ectoplasmic brain dead ghosts!" Maddie growled checking her guns. "They always show what there true looks are this time!"

Danny let out a not so subtle sigh. "Oh don't worry sweetie you can hunt with us." She said pinching his cheek. He took a step back. "Why on a blood moon?" Danny asked. Maddie spoke. "It's a satanic thing people say but we think the discoloration is what draws them out!"

Danny drifted away into his own mind. Draws them out? Will he suddenly turn into a zombie? No maybe a werewolf! That though made him stifle a laugh. "What's so funny?" She asked. Danny looked at his mother. "Nothing."

Jazz walked into the room. "I'm home! Seriously who puts a study group on a Friday right before the blood moon? Due to the rotation around earth the moon will appear 15% bigger than usual!" Danny let out a 'who hoo' and walked into the living room. His sister was always full of information.

It was odd. There were no ghosts and it worried him. But did it have something to do with the blood moon tonight? Possibly after all his mother was talking about it. But she said they'd be showing. Not hiding. He got up and went back to the kitchen.

"Hey mom? What was it about ghosts on this night?" She turned to her son. "Well Danny, when ever this happens ghosts always are visible to everyone. They can't hide so that's why this night is a ghost hunters favorite!"

Danny nodded. So they would have to hide like a normal human. No invisibility. "Do they still have their powers?" Maddie thought for a moment. "Not that I know of. We always saw them running."

So no powers at all? Well the information that his parents had wasn't always accurate so maybe they were wrong. After all they believe ghosts couldn't feel anything and they were wrong about that. Real wrong.

Danny turned on the TV. My god when was the last time he was able to sit down and watch a good show? Before the accident. Then the news interrupted his show before he could even see what it was!

"Tonight is going to be the blood moon. Rumors have it ghosts are associated with this night. Just another reminder to get out side and whiteness this for yourselves. This is a rare things citizens! We advise-"

Danny turned off the TV. Maybe he'd play some Doomed. After all he still needed to get the seven silver keys to the apocalypse. Maybe he'd call Tucker and Sam up for a bit of help.

"Danny come eat!" Jack yelled. Danny sigh. "Maybe after dinner." He grumbled. As he walked down and into the kitchen he dove on the ground. "HEY!" 10 darts stuck in the wall behind him. "What was that?!" He asked getting up.

"Those Danny boy are ghost darts! Coated in a tranquilizing substance! So ghost hit will drop like flies!" Maddie went to the wall and pulled them out. "Why they attack Danny is odd though."

Danny let out a shallow gulp. "Well you say ghosts are sick. I guess I'm just that sick!" He said giving his dad finger guns. His father let out a raw of laughter. "Oh you get your sense of humor from you old man! Ain't that right!"

Danny let out a nervous laugh. He pulled his shirt away from his chest. It was giving him a terrible something. It was like he had a bunch of burrs in it. His pants as well. He sat down and ate..... what was this?!

"Mom what is this?" Jazz asked before Danny could. "It's completely made of vitamins and nutrients!" Danny gulped. "It looks like slop." Jack laughed. "It is! But healthy slop! You want to be at your fullest when we hunt ghosts! Don't you son?!"