"Thank you very much." The girl walked the perimeter of the room and slid into an empty desk beside my friend, just to the right in front of me.

     Mikura stretched out her hand for a handshake. "Hello there! I'm Mikura!" She beamed like and angel from heaven.

     Taega glanced at her with her long, mascara-caked lashes and only nodded her acknowledgement. "Taega."

       I watched as Mikura slowly withdrew her hand, and stole it away onto her lap in the shadows of her desk. She turned her attention back to the teacher, humiliated. I felt a slight burn in my heart for her.

     The whole period, I observed the new girl. It had become a habit ever since I was taught to do it as an assassin kid. She looked around the room when she thought everyone's attention was on their textbooks, as if checking them out or seeking competition. If she locked gazes with any of the girls, she'd subtly roll her eyes and turn her head away. She actually did it to me once, and I felt that my first-hand theories were all confirmed. This girl was wicked.

     So she's got the same classes as Mikura, I thought, realizing a horrible truth.  And I have the same classes as Mikura...

----------

     Lunch break, Shoto's POV

     Bakugo wanted to see (Y/N) during lunch hour, as did Midoriya and Uraraka so I decided to go with them. I never went alone anymore, because according to Bakugo and even Iida, I was leading (Y/N) on without meaning to. I still texted her from time to time, but I could still hear Iida's chastening words.

     "If you're not romantically interested in her like you say you aren't, then you should stop going out of your way so much for her. She might fall for you when you have nothing to give back in return."

     I cringed at the thought.

    "Are you okay, Todoroki?" Uraraka suddenly asked. "What were you just thinking of?"

    "It's nothing." That's right, that's all it is. Nothing.

     We approached the (Y/N)'s school grounds within ten minutes. Most of the girls seemed to be outside eating lunch. But then there was (Y/N) and Mikura, talking alone under a tree like normal.

     "Over there," I said, pointing in their direction.

----------

Same moment, (Y/N)'s POV

     "I swear, she bought her skirt a size too small so it would be extra short like that," I droned as I rested my head against the tree trunk. The first half of the day had been nothing but a pain in the butt. More like, the new girl Taega had been a pain in the butt.

     For starters, she managed to wrangle the attention of all the popular girls of the school and get into their cliques like it was nothing. She kissed up to all the teachers, especially the young male ones, and all she'd talk about were boys and how many apparently had crushes on her back in Yokohama. For the cherry on top, she looked down on Mikura and I seeing that we weren't in the "popular" group.

     "It's not bad to popular," Mikura spoke. "It's not like all popular people are snobby or anything. In fact, there are snobby people regardless whether you're popular or not. It just sucks when girls like Taega try to buy their way into that circle with her looks. She's hot and she knows it. She's made me feel all insecure; I kinda thought I was pretty." She laughed uneasily.

     "Mikura! You can't let girls like that intimidate you! Did you see how much makeup she was wearing? She's the one that's insecure. You're beautiful, Mikura, and you're so much more than her. Besides, I don't wear much makeup 'cuz I'd rather have the guy be shocked when I put it on and not when I take it off."

     "(Y/N), you're better than both Taega and me just for saying that."

     I said nothing but gave her a sunny smile.

     Presently, my U.A. friends seemed to join us out of nowhere.

     "Hi everyone," I said with an ounce of shyness. Two times this week, the U.A. group met us here during lunch, one of which I had introduced Mikura to them. I was comfortable around them of course, but the butterflies in my stomach never cooperated when Shoto was near. Ugh, so annoying having a crush!

     "Hey, (Y/N)! Thought we'd chill with you guys." Bakugo plopped down on the grass beside me.

     Midoriya and Uraraka sat down on the grass across from us, but Shoto only remained standing.

     Slowly, I looked up at Shoto. "Hi."

     He gave me his trademark partial smile, but that was all.

     I felt uncomfortable. I was just being normal, wasn't I? He'd been like his all week, and even when he texted me, our conversations didn't last more than about twelve messages. What's wrong, Shoto?

     I wanted to, but I wasn't about to ask that.

    We talked a little, at least, Bakugo talked while we listened, for a few minutes uninterrupted. But then a nightmare happened.

----------

Ha ha ha yeah, I know that was fast dishing out another chapter. I don't really have a schedule for myself so time in between chapters will vary insanely. What did you think? Hoped you liked the chapter.

Also this thing made #2 in shototodorokixreader for a day or so! I was kinda surprised lol. 

Thank you all for reading as always!