They kept walking, and eventually bumped into Chris Hemsworth and his wife, Elsa, and Eloise felt excitement bubble up in her as she shook hands, and then hugged Elsa.

"It's so nice to finally meet you!" Eloise exclaimed, grinning. "You look beautiful tonight!"

Elsa grinned, and replied, "It's nice to meet you too! And thank you, you look beautiful, too."

Chris slung his arms around the two women, and said, "It's very nice to see you again, Eloise. Is Tom getting his hair done?"

"Yep. He takes forever, doesn't he?" She replied, grinning. Chris chuckled, and then started to talk to Tessa.

After a few minutes, Eloise bid goodbye to all of them, and walked back to the hair and makeup trailers. She enjoyed the few moments of peace, before she ran into Alice accidentally, and exclaimed, "Oh! I'm sorry!"

"Watch it," Alice snapped, huffing as she continued walking. Eloise sighed, and kept walking, eventually running into Tom, who was looking prim and proper. 

"Well, don't you look handsome," She said, making Tom grin, and take her into his arms. He kissed her forehead, and replied, "You look stunning, darling."

"Are you ready to see the finished product of your movie?"  Eloise asked, looking up at him. She was starting to jump again with excitement, making Tom laugh.

"Oh, I am more than ready. I feel this movie will be our best," He replied, wrapping one arm around her as they walked through the trailers, tracing the path Eloise and Tessa had taken. "And it'll probably be your favorite, too."

Eloise grinned, blushing, and said, "You know what I've realized? My tour is coming up soon. And the release date for my book is coming up, too. And the day it comes out, I'll be hopefully signing a contract with Marvel in order for them to release a movie adaptation of my book."

Tom stopped walking, taking a step in front of her, and put his hands on her shoulders, and said, "Really? Babe, that's amazing!"

"What's amazing?" A voice came from behind Tom, and they turned to see Taika Waititi walking towards them. "Hey, guys."

"Eloise is hopefully getting a movie adaptation with Marvel," Tom explained, and then hugged Taika. "How are you, Taika?"

"I'm good. But that's great, Eloise. It's nice to finally meet you--Tom never shuts up about you through our texts." Taika came over, hugging her, and she laughed, and replied, "It's nice to meet you too--I just can't wait for this movie. I've seen a rough cut of it, but this is the real thing. Are you excited, Eloise?"

"Oh, this is the only thing I've been talking about for the last week," She replied, making both of her friends laugh. 

And as Tom led Eloise towards the red carpet, she tried not to let the nerves get the best of her.

↠↠↠↠↠

"That ending can't be real. That shouldn't be legal," Eloise kept repeating as they got into Tom's car. The entire time, he listened to her, chuckling as she went on. 

"Tom, the wait for Infinity War is gonna kill me," She groaned, squeezing his hand.

"I'm not telling you any spoilers for that one," Tom replied as the car peeled away from the curb, and they made their way towards their hotel. "But other than that ending, did you enjoy it?"

"Oh, man, Tom. It was my favorite Marvel movie to date. I loved the direction Taika took everyone in. It was an amazing direction. Loki needed that redemption, Thor and Hulk needed to finally have that shift in them. Because having way too many serious superhero movies gets old after so long."

Tom leaned over, kissing her cheek, and replied, "I'm so glad you liked it." Pausing, he seemed to be considering something with himself, and then asked, "Do you want to be my date for the Early Man press tour?"

Eloise grinned, and replied, "I would love nothing more."

When they finally arrived at their hotel room, they were tired, and cuddled together under the covers of their bed, Eloise shifted, and asked, "I can't remember if I've already asked you this, but . . . Have you fallen in love?"

Tom moved his chin to the top of her head, and quietly replied, "I like to think that I have. But . . . I haven't." He paused, and then shifted again, looking down at her. She looked up at him, and he continued, "Well, that's a bit of a lie. I've never fallen in love . . . Until now."

Her eyes widened, and she gaped. "You . . . You love me?" She asked, and Tom nodded, hesitantly at first, but then nodded confidently. "Oh, Tom . . . " She whispered. "I love you, too."

That night, they fell asleep intertwined with each other, the fresh words of I-Love-You still in their minds, and overlapping into their dreams.

Love.

That is what it felt like. 

//////////////////////////////////////////

i am so sorry for not updating for months now. i'll be honest, things have been insane in my life right now (for reasons i can't talk about), i just got my first job (it'll be part time, my hours will vary, but i should have more time to start writing again), and i've been reading a lot more than writing lately. 

but i promise i will start updating more that i'm getting back into the rhythm of it.