Well, he was wrong.

All the girls were dressed in their uniforms because North Bridge had yet another home game in the evening. It meant that a pep rally was probably planned before the school day started. It also meant that e probably wouldn't be seeing Louis again today.

Just as Harry was about to ascend the stairs to head inside, Eleanor stepped away from the group. She reached out to grab his arm and abruptly jerked him back so they were staring at one another. The conversation didn't end well. It was mainly Eleanor screaming and yelling at him, accusing him of stealing her boyfriend. She was mad that he would manipulate Louis into liking him, and she laughed at him for thinking that Louis could ever be in love with him. It really was just a bunch of harsh words being thrown at him, but Harry knew it was going to happen at some point.

The conversation only lasted a couple minutes, but once Eleanor got everything off her chest, she ended it all with a slap across his face. It definitely was not something he was expecting. So when the sharp sting of her hand hit his cheek, he stumbled back with a pitiful whine. People around saw it happen, and most of them began clapping in her honor. It was fucking embarrassing. He could only imagine what Stan would do to him once he decided to finally approach. It was inevitable, and he had grown more anxious as each day passed without running into him.

Harry quickly escaped Eleanor after getting slapped and hearing the people around cheering her on. As he stepped inside the building, trying to ignore the stinging on the side of his cheek, he noticed that the hallways were already piling up for the morning pep rally. Everyone was rushing towards the cafeteria to watch the festivities that were going on, however, he was more focused on getting to class. After his encounter with Eleanor, he was sure that people would start talking to him about what happened at Prom. It really was inevitable, so if he could limit his free time in the hallway then he would reduce the chance of someone approaching him.

As Harry turned down the opposite hallway of where all the students were gathering, he felt a sudden presence coming up beside him. For a brief moment, his heart momentarily stopped. A hand reached out to grab him, and when he looked up, fearing the worst, he was relieved to see Nick.

"Shit, you scared me."

Nick smiled weakly and let go of him. "Sorry. I was trying to catch up with you." They began walking down the hall together.

Harry made a face. He was still trying to calm his racing heart down. He really thought this was the moment that Stan would come after him.

"Are you okay?" Nick ended up asking, concerned.

"I mean ... I just got slapped by Eleanor, and I'm anxiously waiting for when the next person will do it, too."

Nick pursed his lips and carefully pulled him into his side. "Have you talked to Louis since Prom?"

They walked up to the classroom door for music and stepped off to the side to continue the conversation. It wasn't like there were many people around considering the pep rally.

"I haven't even seen him since then." Harry let out a breath and ran his fingers through his hair. "I don't know. He hasn't reached out. I haven't reached out. I don't know if he's ready to talk or not."

"Word did get around pretty fast. Hopefully, it didn't scare him off."

Harry tilted his head. "I'm just worried, you know? He's got a lot going on right now, and I – I want to make sure he's okay."

"I get it." Nick reached for his arm, squeezing lightly. "So, is what I hear true then? Did he really say that he is in love with you?"

It was the first time someone actually asked him, and it would be the first time he actually confirmed it. Nothing extravagant happened after Prom, so Harry was beginning to think that he dreamt up the whole thing. With not having seen him, and people not talking to him, he almost forgot that Louis confessed his love for him. He also tried to forget that he didn't admit it back to him.