Alone

In a grand manor in Vale, a young, 9 year old May Fumi is sitting inside a small room, almost the size of a closet. She holds her legs up to her chest and trembles from fear. When she is sitting alone, a bell rings and she stands up. She walks over to a chair and puts on a maid uniform. She walks downstairs to a younger Shadow Ombre with a few guests.

Shadow: Ah, May. It is good to see you are here.

May: Y-you too, General Ombre.

As she reaches the group, she has a tray of drinks and Shadow takes two for himself and one of his guests.

Businessman: I certainly hope you pay her well, Shadow. (Laughs)

Shadow: I do what I can. You are efficiently paid, are you not, May?

May looks at Shadow with him giving a stern look, unnoticed by his guests. May nods.

May: Of course, sir. You are too kind.

Shadow: Thank you, my sweet.

May: Shall I get you something else?

Businesswoman: Not currently, my dear.

Shadow: Check on the chef. I want to make sure the meal is almost ready for the summit.

May: Y-yes, sir.

May runs into the next room. As she is walking she begins to mumble.

May: (Mumbling) I hate you old man. One day, I will get out of here and-

May bumps into another Ombre servant.

Servant: What were you saying?

May: U-uh, nothing.

Servant: Excuse me?

May: Nothing, sir.

Servant: That's what I thought.

The servant walks away as May keeps walking.

May: (Mumbling) Old man. Doesn't understand anything.

The servant grabs May and throws her to the ground.

Servant: Know your place!

May grumbles and kicks the servant. As the servant stumbles away, May attempts to run but is grabbed and thrown into a wall. The servant pins May to the wall as Shadow comes into the room.

Shadow: What is this?!

Servant: Sir, she still has not learned her place.

Shadow: (Sighs) I will handle this. Make sure our guests are well feed and persevered.

The servant nods and leaves the room. Shadow looks back at May. May is trembling as Shadow approaches her. May backs away towards the wall as Shadow grabs her and pulls her towards him. Shadow back hand slaps May across the face. Shadow then pulls on May's cat ear, making her scream in pain. He then throws her to the ground and looks down at her.

Shadow: Remember, that if it wasn't for me, you'd be dead! If it wasn't for me, you'd be homeless! Your parents didn't want you, and I certainly don't! But here you are!

May: That's NOT true, Father.

Shadow: Father? Don't you DARE degrade me like that. (Another slap) I saved you from a life of pain and suffering!

May: My parents never wanted this!

Shadow: No! They wanted you to DIE. Left in the side of the street!