The Second Contact

Crestpeak High is the school that Mia hates.

It is home to the Grey Wolves, a popular sports team in the school. There are literally posters on the wall encouraging students to join their team, while offering incentives and promises of athletic fame and privilege of being in the team. Mia thought that the team would do better without those air-headed jocks and silicon-implanted cheerleaders.

The overall feel of the school isn't bad. Blue walls with vine branches on the school's entrance, buzzing hallway filled with academic and athletic posters scattered on the walls, cafeteria that actually serves decent food, and the classrooms that looks like it came of out of the typical Japanese anime. The school is aesthetically pleasing and refreshing to the eyes.

The students weren't, though.

Putting together unruly and hormonal students together tends to create problems, which can lead to consequences that affected students physically and mentally. There would be occasional fights on the field, in the bathroom, and even the libraries. This in turn resulted to broken school equipment and sports gear.

The school administrators were forced to intervene and declared that another fight would be a ground for expulsion if found guilty. Needless to say, the school was at peace, for now.

The first bell rang, which meant that Mia had homeroom first before anything else. The only problem with the school is that it is big, with the classrooms scattered on different buildings. Her homeroom is on the third floor of the Plenary Building. The school doesn't have any elevators, which makes it a pain to ascend towards a set of stairs. This made Mia's feet slightly ache with all of the climbing done.

Thankfully enough, she was greeted with the familiar set of faces inside the classroom.

"Morning, Mia

"Morning, Mia." Jonas, one of Mia's friends in the school, greeted her as she made her way towards the chairs beside the windows. Mia loved sitting at the sides as it provides a good opportunity to daydream in the class whenever it gets boring. Jonas too, loves to sit at the sides. He claims that it makes him easier to doodle. Jonas sits in front of Mia, and had his chair facing her direction.

"Hey Jonas, what's up?" Mia asked as she flopped down her seat. She took out her sketch pad and began to draw the hummingbird that resides on the trees outside. Mia and Jonas had this tradition of drawing whatever they see outside the first time they meet on Mondays. Being childhood friends and all, they share the same interests and do things together like staying in the forest just to draw something on their own sketchpads.

Jonas seems to do the same and also took out his sketchpad, as the students groggily entered the classroom. Monday isn't everybody's strong suite, much like Mia's. But today, she was feeling extraordinarily fine for a change. The cries that she's done on the beach must have helped eased some of her burdens and pains.

"I drew a sketch of the elusive foxes living in the forest for this weekend." He said as he showed Mia a drawing of three foxes slumped together, definitely sleeping. The father fox engulfs the mother and their child in a tight and warm cuddle. Jonas' sketch also captured the surroundings, with all of the trees and rocks in place, and the birds that hummed on their trees. Jonas is incredibly good at capturing these scenes.