"We need to get you inside, we got most of the rogues outside and the Alpha King decided to go under siege until he can make a plan to fight them off. He told us to watch for you, and to say that he was sorry he didn't know the fight would be taken outside." The royal guard said.

Jay nodded his head at the guard and our group started slowly moving towards the entrance of the castle. Some of the rogues came up to the group but they were quickly dealt with. I could never watch one of the guards kill them. I don't know how I am supposed to kill the Rogue King when I can't even stand watching people being killed.

We made it to the entrance of the castle and one of the guards went to the door to get someone to open it. The doors open and we all stumble inside the doors luckily with no casualties in our little group. I was glad for that small kindness today, but I can't say the same for the others on our side. I am not sure how many we lost or how many are even still alive. I think the rogues had the advantage when they attacked the castle, which no one ever had the balls to do before.

Jay hugs me tightly to him as if to make sure I am still there. I grab his hand as we make our way through the castle to see where everyone else is. I can't look down as we walk because there are bodies covering the entire floor. Everywhere we step we are stepping on another dead body. I didn't even know there were this many people in here fighting. Jay noticed my discomfort with each step and picked me up. He held me bridal style and hid my face in his chest so I wouldn't see the horrific scene before me.

When Jay finally put me down we were in the ballroom with hundreds of others that made it through the first wave of rogues. We knew they were coming back for more, they weren't going to stop until one of three things happened; he killed or captured me, captured Jace, or killed the Alpha King. Only after at least one of those things happened would he back off, but even then it wouldn't be forever.

We walked forward to the front of the crowd where the Alpha King was standing talking to some of the guards. I have to say that he was in pretty bad shape. He had lacerations all over his body and I even think he had a couple of broken bones. Everyone in the room seemed to be in worse shape than he was. I felt proud to have him as a king now, he fought for us. I realized he is hard and mean because he has to be to make the tough decisions.

When the Alpha King saw us he excused himself from his conversation and came over to us. He looked worn out and honestly like he should see a doctor. I wondered where the pack doctor was and I knew that he was probably seeing to other more extensive cases.

"I'm sorry for putting you guys in danger. I didn't know there was that many of them and I sure didn't know we would have to go under siege." He said running his hands through his hair.

"It's okay we can help here. We can help the pack doctor tend to the wounded and make food for everyone." I said grateful to be able to help.

"Well that would be a great since the pack doctor was killed in the fight." The Alpha King said.

"Well we will get right on that." I said hurrying to get supplies and to the injured wolves.

"Jace will you go get some water, a lot. Mrs. Peterson can you go see what medical supplies you can find in cabinets and in the infirmary. Jay will go get some blankets and towels hurry please. I am going to heal the bigger injuries, but the less severe they are the more time they will have to wait." I ordered them and got right to work.

I went over to the nearest man that was standing and wasn't very injured. "Will you please take some people and look through the... carnage outside and see if anyone out there is still alive. And if they are bring them in here."

The man nodded his head as I talked "Thank you..." I paused for his name.

"My name is Thad, Miss." He said.