Chapter 2- The Colossus Appears

Departing the shrine, Wander had to shield his eyes from the radiant light that covered the landscape around him. His eyes stung as they adjusted. As he became attuned to his surroundings, he noticed the lush and beautiful plains and forests that abounded, the rocky cliffs to the south, barring any line of sight beyond them. To his north lay a great desert spanning under bridge he arrived on, going as far as the eye could see. To the west were more cliffs and a Mesa apart from. The rest of the landscape. Geysers erupted every so often from the platform, showing Wander the natural beauty of this place. To the east was a large ravine, with a river running through it far below. He noticed several bridges spanning the gap, but pushed the thoughts aside, as for right now, he had to focus on his main goal.

Nearing the spot in the mountains the light showed him, Wander got a little confused. The sword told him to go here, but there wasn't anything there, just a bunch of ledges that had been worn away over much time.

Suddenly, Dormin's voice chimed in.

The colossi are not found easily..... Use your wits, warrior.....

His voice trailed off into nothing, so, bewildered, he used the sword again and pointed it towards the wall he was facing. The light barely collected in this direction though, so Wander attempted to maneuver the light around to find the beast. The light ended up focusing on the top of the cliff, and Wander groaned.

'How can I possibly get up there' he thought. He once again pushed these thoughts aside. "This is for Mono," he said to himself reassuringly. Patting Agro once more, he began his steady climb up the mountainside.

Almost immediately he lost his grip on the ledge above him, and he thumped to the ground. Shaking off the dirt, this time he made sure that his grip would be firm. After about ten minutes of climbing, he reached top, not long after though did he feel a small tremor.

Although he was accustomed to earthquakes, he grabbed hold of a rock beside him and held on just in case. The tremors got progressively stronger and stronger, until they began rattling Wander to the bone. Just then, a humongous hoof came crashing into the ground before him, making him lose his grip on the rock. As he skidded to a halt after being thrown, he glanced and fell backwards. A massive stone mask adorned a fur covered head. A gargantuan club, probably closer to a tower, was held in its massive stone fist.and the worst part, it's eyes glowed an eerie icy blue that pierced very soul.

Behold, mortal..... Valus, the Minotaur.....