Chapter 1

ZAYTUN'S POV

................................................................................................................................................................

"bo-boom.bo-boom" my heart raced as i knew my name was next to be called on stage. I have waited for this day almost my entire life, the next thing i heard  my name 

"Zaytun Ahmad Bello, best in sciences 2018"

I was nervous, but i put on a confident walk and smile and walked up to stage. My certificate and a plague was handed to me, my whole family joined me on stage and snapped pictures.

The day was soon over, we went back home after a whole day of 'graduation stress'. I just prayed, ate and slept.

   The next morning mummy came into my room and started yelling "ki tashi daga wanan baccin ki zo daki na"(wake up from that sleep and come to my room).

I groaned in annoyance, stood up from my bed, wore my fluffy bunny leg warmers and went to her room. I sat on the floor and lowered my gaze.

"Zee you know you are now an adult and theres something i need to discuss with you" said mummy being all emotional.

Aaaaakwaaaard!!!!......I had no idea what to say.

"toh mummy, mie ya faru?"(what happened).

"before my elder sister, your mother died i promised her not to break your family tradition and get you married at the age of 18"she explained."look i'm not forcing you, i'm just letting you know all this because i feel you should know. NO pressure at all" she added emphasizing on the NO.

woahhh, how can I graduate a day ago and get extremely big news a day after?? ai'nt this too much for two days?

"my mother loved me a lot and she wont be disrespected only because she is no more" I took a  breath "this will make her happy so I will get married to who so ever you have in mind".

Mummy put on a big smile then said " very well...... I will call Alhaji Usman Jikamshi to come over tomorrow for the arrangements. You may not remember but his wife and your mother were best of friends and her son was made your made your match when you were just 7"

I put on a fake smile and walked gracefully to my room and prayed istikhara, a few minutes later Amrah entered my room and told me that mummy said I should get ready in 5 minutes and go to her room.

I bathed, dressed in a black abaya and wrapped a nude veil over my head and headed over to mummy's room. I entered nervously as she said "we are going to shop for the things we need for tomorrow". I said "ok" as I left the room and waited for her downstairs in the car then after 2 minutes she came down and we zoomed off.

................................................................................................................................................................

We went to a store and bought really expensive laces and Ankara in acorns n gold boutique then we bought some jewelry then we went back home.