"whoa, i didn't notice at all." yuta makes an amazed sound. "you're stealthy."

"no, you idiot. we were all just busy with the festival." 

"guess you're right." saori agrees, nodding. "so you're like friends now?"

"no! i mean yes! ugh, i don't know!" doyoung runs a hand down on his face. "i just--he just makes me really awkward, you know? and i don't know if it's me, or is it really him?"

"taeyong doesn't make me feel awkward," saori says.

"i don't care enough to even feel things around him," yuta adds idly.

"ugh, whatever." doyoung releases a sigh. "maybe... maybe i'm not used to making friends without... fighting them."

the two agrees with a nod. that actually makes sense. 

the first time yuta met doyoung, he accidentally hit him with a ball while playing soccer. they hated each other for weeks until they were stuck with cleaning duty and was forced to spend time together. same with saori, who had mistaken him that he was fighting yuta, and had accidentally told him off, not knowing doyoung was practicing for debate club.

"i think it's time to lay low the spite, dons," yuta advises. 

"yeah. taeyong's a real sweetheart. you gotta be gentle with him, alright?" saori pats his friend's shoulder encouragingly. 

"whatever." doyoung scoffs. "i guess i could tolerate him."

"alright, you go do that, dons. while i--" yuta checks his watch. since when did wear one?

"--i gotta meet with my teammates. i'll see you guys later." with that, he flees away. 

saori raises an eyebrow but didn't question anything. doyoung curses to himself silently. that idiot better not be hiding things from us. he shoots saori a concerned look and immediately looks away when saori notices.

"let's go back to class." he ushers.

--

"hmm."

"hmm."

"hmm." saori makes a face when she realizes there's someone harmonizing with her hum. she thought she was the only one left in the classroom but she was surprised to see jackson leaning over her desk. "what're you doing?"

jackson blinks down at her, shaking his head. "joining a club, huh?" he muses.

"shouldn't you be at the dance club, jackson?" saori sits back on her chair.

"i'm on cleaning duty," he shrugs. "so scram. i'm wiping the tables and chairs."

saori clicks her tongue, and grabs her bag, getting up form her seat. 

"good luck with your club, squirt~"

"stop calling me that!" saori yells at him, leaving the room. 

she goes back to the list of clubs johnny's given her from earlier. there were a lot of interesting clubs but what caught her attention the most was the theater and debate club.

"maybe i should check them both?" she says to herself. "but they're so far from each other..."

she ends up going to the theater club first. yeri elated to see her there as she excitedly shows her around. she sees sooyoung there as well; who greeted her and was actually accommodating. 

"what part are you auditioning for? for now, second years go for the second leads. oh, do you want to be the protagonist's best friend? it looks like her character suits you!" yeri was all over her, not letting her hand go the entire time.