Chapter 1

Living in LA like I was is a dream that many dream about.

I work in a small coffee shop in the heart of LA. Lots of people came here because I make some of THE BEST coffee  not to brag.

It was about midnight, I work night shifts, and no one was occupying the small cafe so my natural instinct is to sing. I love singing. I start to sing the vocals to a Hey Violet song.

"'Cause he's a fuckboy
And they're all the same
Like a stain on your heart's reputation" I sing while washing a plate. That's when I realized someone was standing at the counter, ringing the bell.

"Just a minute." I say and rinse my hands. I was drying them on my apron as I walk out into the main work area. "How may I help you, sir?" I ask and he looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "I'll have a coffee, hold the cream and sugar." he says and sits down at the bar.

I say okay and grab one of the mugs before placing it on front of him and grab the coffee pot. I do a twirl and pour the coffee in his cup. He claps a bit before picking up the cup and taking a long sip. I put the coffee pot back and sit my elbows on the edge of the counter.

"So what's a guy like you doing out this late at night?" I ask and he furrows his brow. "You know who I am?" he asks and I tilt my head sideways. "Nope." I say popping the p. "Ah well I'm Harry Styles." he says and I nod once. "Cool, I'm Mia." I say and gesture to my name tag. He nods before taking another drink of his coffee.

"Can I help you to anything else, Mr.Styles?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Just some more coffee." he says and I nod. I refill his cup before noticing there's only about a cup left and I start to make a new pot.

Soon we were engaged in conversation and he was telling me about he was producing this show called 'Happy Together' and he just ended his tour here at The Forum. "Quite a voice you've got." he adds and I shrug. "I sing in my spare time but I've never really sang in front of anyone." I say scratching the back of my neck. "Well you can always sing for me." he says and I look down at my hands.

"Well I mean I used to sing in front of my parents, but they uh are kinda in a loonie bin right now." I say and he looks at me sideways. "My dad is in jail for killing someone and my mom is in a mental hospital." I say and he frowns. "So you work here? Where do you live?" he asks and I point upstairs.

"I basically work here 2nd and 3rd shift every weekday. Alex works 2nd and 3rd weekends and 1st Monday and Wednesdays and Fridays. The owner works the rest of the time but shes getting real old so she is handing the place off to her son who I think is in the Bahamas at the moment." I say with a shrug. "I have no clue anything about this guy, but apparently he is rich and is probably gonna sell this place off for more cash so who knows what'll happen to me." I say with a small tear going down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away.

"Sorry for blabbing." I say and he shakes his head. "I like talking to sane people every now and then." he jokes and I smile. "I bet," I say right as the bell rings. I look up to see some little girl and an older woman walk in. "Hi welcome to ma's!" I greet as I walk around the counter to them. I pull my notepad out and ask them about drinks.

I record their drinks and walk back behind the counter slipping the notepad back in my apron. I pour a glass of coffee and an orange juice for the little girl. I walk around the counter and give them their drinks. The woman thanks me as she flips through the menu. I grab some crayons and a little coloring book.and hand it to the little girl. "Here you go sweetie." I say and smile at her. She looks at me, her eyes were a really light color of blue. "fanks." she says and I send another smile her way before walking back around the corner.

Harry was almost passing out in his seat. "Harry." I say and poke his arm. He jumps and looks over at me. "Sorry, do I need to call you an uber?" I ask and he shakes his head. "I've got a driver." he says and yawns. He pulls his phone our and calls someone. "Yes Olly, I'm at this coffee house in LA. 10 minutes? okay." he says and hangs up. I notice he has a iPhone X. Of course he does.

Soon he was getting up and tiredly looking back at me with a small smile. He hands me a twenty dollar bill and my mouth gapes open. "Harry." I gasp and he waves his hand at me before walking out of the coffee house. I open the register and put the money in, then take the change and put the dollar Bill's in my pocket. I put the change in the tip jar before walking over to the counter and grabbing his cup. I put it in my grey box that I use to take dirty dishes to the kitchen  with.

Soon the lady and little girl were paying for their drinks and they were leaving me alone again. I grab my rag and grab the cups off the table before wiping it down. I grab the little drawing book and crayons and put them back before taking the dirty dishes to the kitchen to put them in the dishwasher.

6 am

Alex surprisingly shows up on time and I give him shit for it. "Woow, look who decided to show up." I slur cause I was tired. "M you need to go to bed." he says and I groan. "Take care of the shop." I say tiredly before making my way up the stairs and into my apartment.

I change quickly into my pajamas not bothering to do anything with my clothes before collapsing on my bed.