Chap. 3

When Cappy reached his destination, he got off the man's head and made him dissolve into Mario.

Mario looked around and immediately knew what Cappy wanted him to do. He saw Yoshi's house and, running in the fields, Yoshi himself.

"YOSHI!" Mario called out.

Yoshi came running towards Mario and asked, "What do you need, Mario?" (He asked in his language, but Mario understood everything he said.)

"Yoshi, I need you to help me sabotage a wedding," Mario said, feeling just an ounce of sweet hope.

"Mario, I can't help you," Yoshi replied with a sigh. "I'm the bouncer and the cake chef. I'm sorry. But on the bright side, you are invited to come to the wedding. And you can help me with the cake. They want me to make the best pepper/peach cake they've ever seen."

Mario hesitated for a minute, then said, "Ok, I'll help."

"Splendid!" Yoshi exclaimed as he and Mario entered Yoshi's humble abode.

When they got to the kitchen, Mario looked in shock and awe when he saw the cake. The cake was about six feet and eleven inches high and it had about a six foot circumference (well, the biggest part of it did; there were five layers of cake).

"So, Yoshi," Mario started, "what do you want me to do?"

"I need you to apply the pepper cuts and peach cuts and frosting on the cake," Yoshi explained as he grabbed a knife and cut stuff.

Mario washed his hands and got to work. He applied the stuff in a beautiful pattern and while he wasn't happy about it, making the cake made him feel a little better (but not by very much).

To add to the depression-like sadness, he also had to put on the lil cake topper (of Peach and Bowser kissing). Mario cried a little when he did this.

"It's okay, Mario," Yoshi comforted. "I know it's hard to accept, but look on the upside: of all the nicest things you've done, this takes the cake." Yoshi chuckled a little at his own pun.

Mario suddenly got an idea. A horrible idea. Mario got a bad, horrible, awful idea.

"Gotta go Yoshi love you bye!" Mario said quickly as he ran out of the house and to his home.

"Uh, bye Mario," Yoshi said confusingly just before Mario left. "See you tomorrow, I, uh...hope."

***

When Mario got home, he started to think about his plan.

"Uh, Mario," Cappy said, skeptical. "What exactly are you planning on doing?"

"You'll see soon enough," Mario answered with a sorta-evil grin. "Soon..."