Chapter 6: I Make a Fool Out of Myself

Start from the beginning

"You can't do that to me," I exclaimed. "I'm too young to die from a heart attack."

"Sorry," he said with a grin. "Anyways, here are some clothes. They will probably fit, and look a lot better on you than orange."

"Thanks," I replied, taking the clothes from him. "For everything. Seriously, all of this is way over the top."

"Don't mention it. It's no big deal. On another note, what do you want for dinner? I know you are absolutely hungry so I could order something like pizza or Chinese food, or I could make something, whatever you want."

Pizza sounded reeeeeeaaaaallyyyyy good right about now. "Um, whatever is easiest for you, I don't mind."

"You want pizza, don't you?" he asked with a smirk.

Cue the silence.

"Yeah," I said sheepishly.

"Okay," Pax replied with a laugh. "I'll order some, and it should be here by the time you're done."

"Alright, thanks."

"No problem," he replied, and left.

I walked into the bathroom and gasped again. It was like the bedroom with the same color scheme. The walls the same aquamarine color with some gold lining in the wall, and the crests a light cream. The tub sure was a spa tub with so many jets coming out of the sides. And the shower, oh my gosh, it looked like you would be standing underneath a waterfall. The whole bathroom was gorgeous.

I started the water in the tub so that it would fill up. I checked the closet for towels, and the cabinet for a first aid kit so I wouldn't have to bother Pax again, and got ready to take a bath. I stepped into the water, and right away steam started to rise, and a searing pain shot up my leg.

"Crap!" I shouted, and stumbled backward and landed on my butt. I had completely forgotten that I couldn't touch water.

Pax knocked on the door. "Uh, are you okay in there?"

"I'm fine," I called form the floor. "The water was hotter than I had expected."

"Okay," he said, and I could tell he was trying not to laugh.

I heard him leave, so I got up from the floor, telling myself that I would have to deal with the pain. This time, though, it was even worse. In frustration, I kicked the bathtub.

"I just want to take a bath with lavender!"

Right after I said that I burst into flames. It was so sudden, and it ended just as quickly, and I was left with a strong scent of lavender in the room.

I glanced around the room on instinct, making sure no saw anything, even though I was obviously the only person in the room. While I was doing that, I happened to see my reflection in the mirror, and I froze.

I slowly made my way over to the mirror, hands shaking, until I was standing in front of it, yet again, staring at my reflection.

"What?" I whispered.

Somehow in my fire outburst, my hair had become wet, but while it was still in a bunch of tangles, it looked manageable to get out. There was now no more dirt smudges on my skin, and as I rubbed my arms, they felt really smooth. All the fatigue in my muscles had vanished like I had soaked in the spa for hours and then gotten a massage. As I was looking at my face, it looked like half of the scratches had disappeared. The ones that remained looked like they still needed attention from a first aid kit.

"How?" I whispered. Maybe this is the way I now take baths? Who knows.

Before I could wonder what the heck happened anymore, I heard the sound of dripping and turned to see the bathtub overflowing.