Chapter 14

Jess had came into bright cabin with Mei-Xing, Lily, and I. She's actually a perfect fit. Another child of Iris that is way more outside the box than they should be. But somehow, she's still awkward here. She can normally fit in perfectly everywhere she goes, even with her being so different than everyone else.

"Jess? What's up?" I asked tentatively. Jess' face turned a deep red.

Mei-Xing stifled a giggle. Jess promptly shot a glare towards her but she just laughed more, collapsing onto her bed in a fit of giggles. Lily looked at the two of them with confusion to which I just shrugged. I had no clue what was happening.

Mei-Xing stopped laughing for long enough to whisper something to Jess, who in turn changed the color of the floorboards red subconsciously. "Shut it!"

"He does!" Mei-Xing sang.

Jess groaned and turned her back to us, only facing Mei-Xing. "If that was true then I doubt he would've left without saying a word to me."

"I told you, he's quiet. Anyway, he feels awkward near you."

"Who the Hades are you talking about?" Lily said, exasperated with them.

Mei-Xing opened her mouth, only for Jess to cover it again with her hand. "I swear, I will kill you if you so much as whisper it!"

"Jess got a crush!" I said in a singsong voice.

Mei-Xing laughed, her mouth uncovered again. "Well, what if I told him?"

"Don't you dare!" Jess' blush deepened and she hid her face with her hands to try covering it.

Mei-Xing laughed again. "Okay, I promise I won't whisper it."

"Mei-Xing!" Jess took her hand and dragged her out of the cabin. Yelling could be heard from where I stood with Lily, but I couldn't make out any words.

As they walked back in, Mei-Xing turned to Jess. "You know, you were yelling outside. There are a lot of people outside."

There was a knock on the door. Mei-Xing opened the door to see Bong-Ju dragging Ryo up to the steps. "I have a package for you. See ya!" He grinned as he dashed off, leaving Ryo standing on the porch. Ryo turned back to Bong-Ju with a glare before looking at us, obviously uncomfortable.

"I'll leave now."

"Nope!" Mei-Xing pushed the tall teen into the room and closed the door behind them, blocking his way with a huge smile.

"I'm not supposed to be in a girl's cabin."

"It's fine. We have chaperones!" She smirked.

Jess hit Mei-Xing's arm. "Seriously?" She squeaked.

Mei-Xing stuck out her tongue. "You two are stuck here!" She sang.

Ryo's face remained straight, but a slight pink went to his cheek, barely enough to be noticed. "Can I leave?"

"No. You two have to talk to each other first."

"Mei-Xing," Jess said through gritted teeth. "let him go. What you thought was wrong."

Ryo turned to look at Jess, taking a deep breath and muttering to himself before speaking. "Why would what she thought be wrong?"

I looked between the three of them, confused as to what was going on. Then I turned to Lily and I saw her eyes light up and a huge smile find its way onto her face. "Ooooh." She whispered to me. "Ryo was the guy they were talking about! Jess likes him!"

A smile crept onto my face and I looked to Mei-Xing who nodded excitedly before mouthing 'Help me with them.'

Jess stutterd as she tried to come up with a response to Ryo's question. "You see, I um, it isn't that she's wrong, well, she is, but it's just, there's no way, so.. Yeah."

Ryo raised an eyebrow. I looked to Lily with big eyes, silently begging her to do something about this. She sighed and walked over to Jess, whispering something into her ear that caused her blush to deepen.

"Mei-Xing!" Jess looked at her desperately. "Ryo's not welcome here at the moment."

"Why not?"

"Because..." Jess looked down and groaned quietly. "Ryo, can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"What would you say.. If I said," her voice dropped as she muttered the last part.

"What did you say?"

"I said, what would you say if I said that.. I like you?" Jess looked at the floor, her powers changing the color to match her blush.

"Umm... I would... I would agree with you."

Mei-Xing slapped his arm. "That's not what he means. Say it better."

"What did I say?"

Mei-Xing slapped him again. "You know what you said."

He bit his lip. "Jess... Well... Um... I may reciprocate your feelings."

She looked up and stared at Ryo. "So you feel the same way?"

Ryo nodded, his cheeks now very pink. "I... reciprocate your feelings."

There was a squealing from Mei-Xing and Lily and I joined in. Jess smiled and glanced around the room before turning her gaze back to Ryo. She stepped towards him and pulled him into a kiss. I looked at them in shock, my jaw hanging down and my mouth forming an "O".

When she pulled away, Ryo looked as shocked as me. For the first time since I had met him, he seemed speechless. Jess looked down at his silence and mumbled something under her breath.

"Okay.. Well that's enough for tonight. Mei-Xing, let Ryo out now?" I said, thinking that this couldn't be any more awkward between this group of people.

Mei-Xing nodded, and opened the door, a bit stunned. Ryo looked back at Jess, still quiet, before walking out and going back to his cabin. "G-goodbye."

I turned to Jess who had, as soon as Ryo walked out, went into the bathroom and locked herself in there.

Mei-Xing went to the door, seemingly recovered. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Just peachy." Her voice was strained, it sounded like she was about to cry.

"What's wrong?"

"Leave me alone." The door made a sound and I assume that she was leaning against it.

"Let her have her space, sometimes we all need that." I said with a sigh, a worried expression briefly crossing my face.

"All right. Well, I'm gonna talk to Ryo. He seemed a bit shocked."

Lily smiled, "They're cute."

"Yeah. See ya!"

We waved to Mei-Xing as she ran out to talk to Ryo, wanting to fully understand the situation better. This was a mess of a new relationship.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm tired. I'm gonna go to bed now." I said, suppressing a yawn as I jumped onto the bottom bunk that I had. I pulled the covers over my body and relaxed in the comfort of my personal space.

"Goodnight." Lily said with a roll of her eyes. I chuckled and let out another yawn before falling into a state of unconsciousness.