The gift

You were sitting in Derek's loft, shaking your legs as your fingers tapped on your knees, waiting for the Alpha to walk through the door. You clenched your palms together when you heard the large sliding door being pulled open. You jumped to your feet just as Derek's body appeared behind the door.

"[Y/N]?" Derek stopped as he looked at you with a confused and disapproving look at you intruding into his home. "What are you doing here?" He asked as he walked in and closed the door behind him, the loud sound making you flinch. He dropped his keys onto the table beside the door before he strolled into the kitchen.

You pivoted your body to face his direction but your feet didn't move forward as you talked to him from the other room. "I-I came here to ask you for a favor." You said just as he popped back out of the kitchen with two bottles of water in his hand. He raised an eyebrow as he handed you one of the bottles before cracking open his own, bringing it to his lips while you simply placed your on the table beside you. He signaled you to keep speaking, wondering what your favor was.

"I...um...I was wondering if you could...give me the..." Your voice faded out as Derek picked up on your request, his eyes widening as he nearly choked on his drink.

"[Y/N], I can't do that. I can't just give it out when someone asks." Derek said, wiping the dampness from his lips after almost spitting his water out. You sighed and looked down, your fingers fidgeting with the ends of your sleeves.

"I know. But...It's for a good reason. I think." You muttered, your eyes staring into the concrete floor.

"And that would be?" Derek asked, placing his bottle down onto the table next to yours. You bit your lip and shook your leg nervously as your fingers started fidgeting with your sleeve even more.

"This." You whispered before slowly pushing your sleeves up your arms to reveal multiple scrapes and bruises covering your arms, including rings of blue bruises around your wrists. Derek's eyes widened as he scanned your damaged skin. "And these." You continued, tugging the collar of your shirt down to reveal bruises covering your collarbones. Derek began to shake his head as you continued. "These." You lifted one of your pants legs, revealing even more injuries.

Derek raised his hand up, signaling you to stop as he stared at you with disbelief. "Is he hitting you?" Derek asked, referring to your father. You pursed your lips as you forced tears from forming in your eyes. You nodded just as the tears started building in your eyes, alerting Derek.

"I wouldn't come to you for this if I had any other option." You muttered, looking at Derek with desperation. Derek furrowed his eyebrows as he walked towards you, gently grabbing your arms before beginning to carefully examine your injuries. You winced when his fingers dragged over your bruised wrists, his eyes flickering up to examine your face and expression.

"Does it hurt?" Derek asked even though he clearly knew the answer. You nodded and watched as Derek gently clamped his fingers around your forearm while his other placed itself at the base of your neck. You sighed as you felt the pain draining from your body while Derek's veins began snaking black under his skin. You saw the shift in his face as he frowned, feeling the pain you felt.

You sighed when you no longer felt any pain in your injuries while Derek moved his eyes back up to yours, looking at you to make sure you were okay. His thumb brushed against your jawline softly, making your eyes flutter shut as you indulged into his gentle touch. A touch you never thought the brooding Alpha was capable of.

Derek's eyes scanned over every inch of your face while continuing to sooth you with his touch. He listened as your heartbeat sped up, making his smile ever so slightly before it faded so you wouldn't catch him. Then Derek did something completely bold and unlike him.