Chapter 6 - Part One

Start from the beginning

"Now that both the men are here," Amy said as Rory walked in the living room, "I have an announcement to make, please sit."

The Doctor and Rory looked at each other in confusion, but sat down on the nearest seats.

"Well?" Rory said.

"Me and River are going out tonight..." Amy began.

"For a meal and one drink," River interrupted, with emphasis on the word 'one'.

"Yeah, one hell of a bachelorette party," Amy said, you could hear the sarcasm spilling out her mouth.

"Why don't you go out, out?" Rory asked.

"Can I come?" Brooklyn asked as she walked back into the living room.

"Can we all go?" Harry asked following his sister.

"Momma? Daddy?" Dayton shouted, joining in with everyone.

River sat back, smiled and watched as he crazy, but beloved family had yet another daily discussion that mostly ended in an argument of some sort.

Amy and River's taxi pulled up outside the pub, ready for the supposed bachelorette meal that River was initially expecting.

River wore a strapless, knee length black dress that hugged her amazing figure in all the right places and showed a little cleavage. She paired her ress with her trademark red Louboutins, and wore little make up, but she still looked astonishing.

Amy wore a long sleeved, midnight blue dress that stopped just below her knees, it also hugged her figure. She paired her dress with black heels, and her make-up was simple. They both looked like best friends on a regular night out rather than mother and daughter.

As River stepped out the taxi she sighed, "One drink and a meal right?"

Amy smiled and shook her head slightly.

"Okay, I'm going home now," River sighed.

"Look, the guys have the kids. Let go for once," Amy said rubbing Rivers arm.

River thought it over in her head and realized that Amy was right. She hardly had any time to herself now that she was a mum, not that she didn't mind most of the time. The occasional bubble bath or quiet hour in the library was all she got.

"Fine," River said offering half a smile.

"Yes!" Amy shouted.

2 hours into the two-woman bachelorette party that consisted of Amy Pond and River Song, and they were both already slightly tipsy. It was only around 11pm.

"Melody," Amy shouted over the music.

River too a sip of her red wine, "Yes?" she shouted back.

"We should totally do karaoke!"

"No," River refused.

"Why?"

"Because I cannot sing, at all."

"And?" Amy questioned.

River glared at Amy, but then mentally decided that there was no harm in having a sing along with your mother, right? "Fine then."

Amy grabbed Rivers hand and pulled her from their table to the other side of the pub where the karaoke was stationed on a stage of some sort.

Amy pointed to a song, "Doing this one, no questioned asked Melody."

"But I hardly know it," River whined.

"The words come up on that screen dopey," Amy smiled as she pointed to the small screen at the front of the stage.