[10] The Grand Finale

As Lazarus And Shinji Look At Their Evangelion Units Lazarus Looks Over To Him With A Laid Back Smile. "Hey Shinji, Wanna Hear A Secret That Only A Few Highly Ranked Members Of NEUO Had The Pleasure Of Hearing?" Lazarus Says In A Relaxed Mood. "Sure Our Evangelions Will Be Nothing More Than Relics Of The Past In A Few Days So Why Not Hear It." As Lazarus Looks Up At Evangelion Unit-X He Drinks A Beer He Had For A While "You See, Remember 2nd Impact?" Lazaus Says In A Calm Demeanor. "Yes, Its When The First Angels Were Created When Fused With A Human, Causing A Ginormous Explosion Of Almost Extinction Level Power." Shinji Says As If He Recited It. "Well Yes, And No. You See My Father Said That When He Was Watching Adam He Saw Something Forming From The Angels Legs, Which Were By Then Fused As Another Creature That Was Crawling Slowly Out Of Adam. My Father Believed It To Be Adam Trying To Escape The Restraints Holding It Down, However My Father Severed The Angel And Its Soon To Be Clone." Lazarus Says As He Thinks About When He First Saw Evangelion Unit-X Without Armor As A Child. "That Being Became Evangelion Unit-X Through The Attachment Of An Artifical Soul Into Evangelion Unit-X It Mutated To Become What You See Right Here, I Believe That Adam Was Planning To Transfer His Soul Into The Fission To Escape Leaving Only A Souless Husk, But Becauses It Was Seperated From Adam, It Couldnt Transfer Its Soul To Unit-X, And As Such His Body Was Unstable And Thus He Split Into Four Other "Adams" And Caused 2nd Impact." As Shinji Hears This He Thinks Back To Evangelion Unit-01 With How It Split From The Second Angel And How It Was A Special Case In Evangelions. "So My Original Evangelion, And Your Eva Are....No...A Way For The Angels To Have An Escape?" Shinji Says Stumbling Back. "Yes, However Unit-X Is Nothing More Than A Puppet, A Colossal Version Of Me, Unit-01 Was A Giant Version Of You I Believe Right?" Lazarus Says Before Walking Out Of The Room. "Mother....I Miss You..." Shinji Says Before Following Lazarus.

As Lazarus Relaxes In The Main Chamber, Finally At Ease He Gets A Sharp Pain In His Head And Screams. "NO! DONT YOU DARE I WONT LET YOU KILL US ALL!" Lazarus Screams As He Roars In Pain. "Whats Going On Lazarus?" Asuka Asks Worried. "I-ITS ADAM, I MUST HAVE A NEURAL LINK WITH HIM, LIKE AN ANGEL HIVEMIND!" Lazarus Says Before Looking At All Of Them. "Adam Was Revived....We Must Kill Him!, We Cant Risk Humanities Future By Letting The Seed Of Life For The Angels Roam Free!" Lazarus Says As He Looks At Misato With A Serious Expression. "HE'S CLOSE I CAN SENSE HIS SOUL NEAR!" Lazarus Says As A Beam Of Light Fires At The Wunder. "Direct Hit!" Ritsuko States As She Panics As Misato Grunts. "GO WE CANT RISK HUMANITY!" Misato Says As She And Ritsuko Look At The Angel. "The Final Battle, Lilith's Children Versus The Creator Of The Angels..." Rei Says As She Follows Them To Their Evangelion Units. As 5 Of The Pilots Are Equipped With Their Weapons Of Choice Shinji Sees Rei Doesnt Have An Eva Because Unit-09 Exploded. "REI COME ON JUMP INTO UNIT-13!" Shinji Screams Holding Out An Entry Plug For Rei. "Okay Ikari." Rei Says As She Sits In The Entry Plug As Shinji Equips It Into His Eva. As Lazarus Sees Another Beam Of Light Fire At Them He Looks Over To The Other Pilots With A Worried Expression, "WE MUST EJECT!" Lazarus Says As He Forces His Own Ejection Along With His Fellow Evangelion Units. "Ritsuko, Its Been An Honor Working With You..." Misato Says Patting Her On The Back. "Did We Do The Right Thing?" Ritsuko Asks Looking To Misato. "Well If We Did Or Didnt Thats For The Children To Decide...Kanji, Im Comming Home..." Misato Says As She Closes Her Eyes.

As All Six Units Hit The Ground They See The AAA Wunder Charging Towards The Ground As It Blows Up. "All Those People....Dead...." Caira Says Looking Onward At The Destruction With A Worried Look. "Dont Worry Caira....We Will Avenge Them." Mari Says Looking To The Other Units. "Well Who's Gonna Plan The Attack?" Rei Says As Lazarus Stands Up From Kneeling. "I Believe That Shinji Should Be The Commander." Lazarus Says Looking To Him, "After All He Killed Many Angels, I Only Killed Like Three Of Them." Lazarus Says With A Serious Expression. "Are You Sure Lazarus?" Shinji Says Looking At Him. "Yeah If Adam Can Connect With Me Then I Cant Lead Otherwise I Would Be Giving Him Our Strategy." Lazarus Says Before Looking At Shinji Waiting For Orders. "Okay...Heres What We Need To Do, Unit-13 And Unit-08 Will Attack From Behind While Unit-Y And Unit-02 Will Charge It From The Front, Unit-X Because Its A Fission Should Have The Honors Of Killing The Angel. "Understood." The Four Other Pilots Say As They Follow Shinji And Rei To Where The Beam Of Light Came From.