five

The time was now 6:57 and Penny had been sure to text Sara that she would be home late. Peter and her were working so hard on mapping out how they would do their project that they didn't even realize how late it had gotten.

As they were finishing the final sketch of how the prototype would look, Aunt May poked her head inside of Peter's bedroom to see Penny sprawled out on the ground drawing, and Peter on the computer typing like a madman.

"Hey Pete, I was gonna order our usual Thai food from that new place that just opened. Penny would you like anything?" May asked leaning against the door. Penny thought about it. She didn't want to overstay her welcome and be too late getting home, but she also didn't want to leave before they had finished planning. Peter must have seen her face flash with worry so he reassured her, "Yeah order something, that way we can do the final touches without rushing."

"Can I have Chicken Pad Thai please?" Penny asked politely. May nodded her head and stepped out. Penny went back to work before May quickly threw open the door completely surprising them both.

"May! What was that for?" Peter asked clutching his heart in shock. Penny laughed at his reaction.

"What? I needed to catch you off guard to make sure you were really working on your project," May winked. Penny started cackling as Peter looked at his aunt in horror. Peter threw a pillow at the door as May giggled closing it, leaving it open a crack.

"I can't believe her!" Peter shouted into his bed, as he was face down in embarrassment. Penny couldn't help herself from laughing. This was the exact type of teasing that she would get from Sara and Noah, so she was glad it wasn't her enduring the pain.

Peter looked up and glared at Penny, his face still flushed bright red.

"Well I think that warrants a well deserved break from working. We can finish up after we eat, because let's be real, we weren't going to work after that," Penny said while standing up and stretching. Peter sighed and nodded his head in agreement. He was way too flustered to focus on anything.

"So what do you wanna do as we wait for the food?" He asked cleaning up the pile of papers on his bed. Penny had a quizzical look on her face, before it lit up as she got an idea.

"Let's get to know each other! We can talk about our favorite hobbies, and we can ask questions, or even just rant about something," She said as she sat down on the other end of Peter's bed, leaning her back against the wall.

"Yeah, sure. Well to start, I really love Star Wars. Like, I'm obsessed with it," Peter said before realizing that that probably wasn't exactly the coolest thing to say.

"If I'm honest, I've never really seen it. I've heard it's really good though," Penny said shrugging her shoulders. Peter's face turned into one of shock and then betrayal. She giggled as he gasped, obviously offended.

"That's it, we can't be friends," Peter joked, turning his head away from her.

"It's just that I have my own personal favorite film series. I personally love the Harry Potter movies. I've read the books and while they are semi accurate, it's still amazing seeing it brought to the big screen. Although, I do prefer the Percy Jackson books over Harry Potter, the movies are too scarring to even think about. As you can probably guess, I'm a huge fan of fiction," Penny breathed out, a little red from her mini rant. Peter shook his head in shame, but cracked a smile anyway.

"So what type of music do you listen to?" He asked curiously.

"Oh god, it's all over the place. Uh, I can listen to pretty much anything except for country. If you want my favorite bands and artists I could sit here for hours just talking. So I'll save you that trouble," She answered a little sheepishly. "So what about you, what's your music taste like?"