"I'm good, just got back to mine." Hesitantly I continued, "I was actually just going to call you."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, are you doing anything right now?" I held my breath as I waited for her reply.

"No, I was actually calling to ask you the same thing," she coughed.

"Oh," I replied, surprised. "Perfect then, want me to come to yours?"

"No, that's okay. I can come to yours if you're just getting home. As long as you don't mind..."

"Sure, sure. That's fine with me." I responded immediately. "I'll text you the address and the gate code."

"Alright, see you soon then." With that she hung up.

---

When Savannah first got to my place things were pretty weird. I could tell she still felt badly about what happened and was hoping I wasn't angry anymore. I, on the other hand, was trying not to come off as obvious about my feelings towards her. It bothered me that she seemed so wary around me, I liked to think she was quite comfortable with me and I worried that my yelling on the phone set us back. Now I just wanted to apologize and try to forget all this happened.

"Okay, let's just get this all out of the way," I started. "I'm really sorry about what happened and I'm sorry that I was such an arse on the phone."

"No, you really weren't. I would have been angry too if I was in your position." I almost laughed at the image of Savannah angry, it seemed so foreign.

I nodded, appreciating her understanding. "I should have talked to you about that happening though, warned you before we had gone out. I should be smarter about stuff like this by now."

"We went out fine the week before though, I see why it could have slipped your mind. I don't blame you." She was stumbling over her words a bit and looked down at her hands, she began to spin the ring on her thumb around and I knew she was feeling nervous. My hand jerked forward a bit, I wanted to reach over and hold her hand, stop her, but I didn't. "I should have been smarter too."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not oblivious to your, like social standing, Harry. I should have known it was a possibility for that to happen and I should have warned you about my anxiety." She trembled as she looked down ashamed.

Now I did reach forward to place my hand over hers. "It's okay, I understand. Completely. I really don't want you to apologize." She had looked up at me when I grabbed her hand, but glanced back down as I ran my thumb over the back of her knuckles. The way her hands had started to lightly shake worried me, I could feel them still twitching in mine. I didn't want our conversation to trigger anything.

"Okay," she whispered. "But only if you don't apologize anymore either." She peeked up at me from underneath her lashes.

I noticed then that her eyes were the richest shade of chocolate brown. I was staring into them and thinking about how perfect her hand felt in mine, no longer shaking, and I realized that I probably would have agreed to anything she wanted in that moment. "Deal," I said. "As much as I would love to move on from this topic, I kind of have to ask. Do you want to, like, change anything about our, uh, friendship?" I struggled to choke out, fearing her answer.

"No," she took a deep breath and I could see her putting on a brave face as she replied.

"Cause I don't mind." I was afraid she was only saying what I wanted to hear. "I don't mind stopping by Starbuck's first next time," I attempted to joke.