“I’ve not met a dog that hasn’t liked me if I’m honest. Whenever we have a, erm, difficult dog at the shelter I’m always the one to train with them and get them settled.” I explained. “One of the reasons I, like, started doing this, I’ve got a way with dogs.”

“Looks like its not only dogs...” Nick sing-songed under his breath.

I cocked my head towards the side and before I could ask what he meant Harry asked, “So where’s Ringo?”

Nick shook his head but clapped. “Yes! Where is my new child?”

I went out to the car and put Ringo on a leash to bring inside. As soon as we were through the threshold he started to jump up and down at the sight of Nick so I let him off his leash right away. He ran over to his new owner, who was absolutely beaming. Hearing all the commotion Puppy made his way over and Nick wanted to take them into the backyard to get them acquainted.

Before I could make my way to follow behind him, a hand grazed my arm at the elbow. “Savannah, do you mind hanging back for a minute?” Harry reached his hand back and scratched at the back of his neck.

“Oh, um, sure…” I replied, feeling confused as to what he could possibly want from me.

“I just wanted to like apologize for the, uh, video. I mean, I’m assuming you’ve seen it?” He paused so I nodded slowly. “Yeah, I hope it didn’t like freak you out too badly. I kind of noticed when Nick had mentioned the girls outside you froze up a bit and like when you asked about the mobbing and everything.” I could tell he was genuinely concerned.

I was shocked to say the least, about him noticing, not at him being concerned. I thought I had a decent poker face and hadn’t realized my anxieties had been so obvious when I was with him. I had hoped to come off as casual when I asked him about it all.

“I’m kind of used to people reacting one way or another, so I’ve gotten quite good at figuring out people’s initial feelings towards it all.” He shrugged as he seemed to read my mind.

found myself feeling bad for Harry, it must feel awful to have your relationships with people be affected by something so outside your own control. Especially before a relationship can even begin.

“Uh no, no it’s okay. I mean, yeah it was a tad strange watching it, but like I’m totally fine.” And I realized I was. “Thanks for like, checking though.”

“‘Its the least I can do,” Harry figured and offered me a smile.

My brows furrowed at that and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t intrigued by 

Harry. He barely knew me from a stranger on the street, but he wanted to check that I was alright and he figured it was the least he could do? He owed me nothing at all, not a thing, there had been no negative backlash from the video yet he still thought he owed me anything.

Not that I pointed any of that out, instead I just nodded again and smiled lightly. With that over we started towards the backyard.

"So are you in uni or anything? Wait how old are you?" Harry asked.

"I'll be 22 in about a month and no, I’m not in uni right now." I chuckled. 

"How about you?"

"Oh," he seemed surprised that he was being asked this and I realized that it's probably a question most people already know the answer to. "I'm 22."

I nodded. I couldn’t stay for much longer, I just wanted to make sure that Ringo was settling in alright. Nick began asking me pretty general questions about myself, Harry quietly listening as he sat beside me. After about four questions though, I changed the subject so they wouldn’t be so focused on me. It was nice listening to two people, other than Ryan and Connor, banter back and forth. I looked up when I felt a few a drops and noticed the clouds in the sky had darkened. I sighed, realizing there was a good possibility I’d be stuck walking in the rain tonight.