1-1

"Three in the morning." Aquarius sighed, glancing at the clock on the bedside table. Her day had been busy since six in the morning, and yet she is still wide awake.

"I give up." Aquarius sighed, crawling out of bed and make her way to to the window. Her attention was quickly captured by the full moon, though today it seemed much bigger than usual.

The rays of the moon brightened for a second, and a sharp pain shot through her brain. The pain went away after five seconds, though to Aquarius it seemed like forever.

"W-what the fuck had just happened..." Finally gathering enough energy, Aquarius sat up on the floor where she'd collapsed. She sat there for quite some time, until something weighty on her back forced her to turn her head.

There, sprouting out from her back, were a pair of wings.

It was all Aquarius could do to not scream.

Now, if the wings were like an Angel's or a fairy's, Aquarius wouldn't have freaked out. The most reaction out of her would be trying to flap them and try to fly.

But those wings were neither of the two above. Instead, those wings were of a dragon's, all covered in scales.

It's not just those wings, either. Both her forearms were covered in the same purple scales, complete with sharpened nails. A purple-scaled tail of about a meter long with a row of blunt spikes growing along the upside grew out from her backside, around the end of the tailbone.

"What kind of goddamn joke is this?" Aquarius tried to stand up, but she had not been used to the added weight. She toppled backwards into the wall, knocking over a hanging shelf. It fell to the floor with a thundering 'crash!'

Aquarius held her breath, wishing that no one else in the house heard the racket. Slowly, she replaced the shelf and the contents on it, one by one.

"Did you hear that?" A male voice made Aquarius froze. The voice belonged to her father, which means he'd heard the noise.

"Of course I did." This was Aquarius' mother. "What is Aquarius doing I… the middle of the night?"

A door creaked, then followed by footsteps. Aquarius had no time to replace all the random items now. She threw the window open and jumped onto the ledge below, remembering to shut the window behind her.

With luck, her parents would not try to look there.

The door to the room flung open, and the parents immediately noticed the mess on the floor.

"Aquarius?" Her mother asked. "What are you doing in the middle of the night?"

No response. Aquarius heard footsteps walking towards the bed, then heavy cloth billowing in the air as her blanket was pulled up and tossed aside.

"No." Her father said, followed by noises in the room as the parents kneel down to look under the bed and checking in the wardrobe.

"She's not here." Her mother said, now in a panicky voice. "Do we inform the police?"

"Yes. Now let's go." Her father said.

Aquarius raised her head and peeked through the window just in time to see both her parents leaving the room.

If her parents called the police, they will search the neighbourhood. Heck, they would've just see her on the ledge when they arrived.

But if she went to confront her parents in this form... Aquarius didn't even want to think about it.

She flung open the window and got back inside.

The door was closed, but Aquarius could hear her parents talking to each other downstairs.

They hadn't called yet. Good.

She has to hurry, though.

Aquarius took her school bag out, then proceeded to pull out all the schoolbooks that she obviously don't need. She then stuffed two sets of clothes in the bag, along with a few other necessities. She took her phone aswell, but remembered to remove the SIM.

Before she left, she put on baggy pants and a sweater to conceal her tail and wings. Those things were about twice the height of her spine, but she was able to cover it completely with just a sweater. Her scaly hands were covered with a pair of gloves.

"Gotta go, mum." Aquarius whispered as she stepped onto the window sill. "After this is over, I will be back."