Matchmaker (T)

This is the long awaited sequel to "Not Alone" per the request of  Aurorasilverthorne from ages ago. Unfortunately, I'm splitting this sequel into two parts or several parts depending on how I feel so it might be a while before the second part appears. I hope you enjoy anyway!

It was a warm autumn morning and sunlight poured into the windows in Tintagel Castle. Mordred made his way around the castle, making sure everything was in order before he went to go check on his aunt.

He lightly knocked on her bedchamber door before entering. He was about to announce his presence to his sleeping aunt until he noticed there was an extra person sharing her bed, causing him to scowl. Mordred then walked around the bed to the curtains leading to the balcony, yanking them open so the sunlight could pour in. As it did, an annoyed groan arose from the bed.

"Good morning, Aunt Morgana," Mordred greeted in a crooning tone as he moved towards the bed. "We have a lot to do and plan today."

"Mama's sleeping, Cousin Mordred," stated the second redhead residing in Morgana's bed. "Go away please."

"I'm not your cousin, you little louse," Mordred grumbled under his breath, trying not to scowl down at Isolde. "Auntie Morgana," he began again, "why is she in here? Doesn't she have her own room?"

Morgana then let out soft yawn, turning over in her bed. "It was storming last night... and she hates storms..."

"She would have been fine. It's just rain water."

"It's the lightning and the thunder that's frightening, Mordred," Morgana replied, slowly sitting up.

"Right..." Mordred drawled, rolling his eyes. "We don't have time for this. We have to finish planning our assault of Dinas Emrys."

"Fine, fine, I will be ready momentarily." He nodded and closed the door behind him as he left the room.

"Cousin Mordred's mean," Isolde huffed, folding her arms.

"He's a little... rough around the edges," Morgana admitted as she pulled Isolde into her lap, "but he also went through a lot growing up with your Uncle Arthur."

"Really?"

Morgana nodded. "Though that's no excuse, we do need to be a bit more understanding towards him."

"Alright, Mama," Isolde said with a sigh. Then Morgana hugged her tight and nuzzled her cheek in a maternal manner.

"Don't be like that, love," she said before humming in thought. "Perhaps later today we can go horseback riding."

Isolde immediately perked up. "Really?"

Morgana nodded and Isolde bounced up and down excitedly before she had to calm her down.

"Will Papa be coming?" Isolde asked afterwards. "He likes horseback riding too."

"I suppose he could..." Morgana contemplated.

"I'll tell Papa then!" Isolde hopped out of bed and scurried out the door.

"Wait, Isolde!" Morgana shouted after her, "You're not dressed yet!" Worried that the girl might start a ruckus anytime she's unsupervised, Morgana threw on her robe over her nightgown and ran after Isolde.

"Papa! Papa!"

Maxim looked up from his book just in time to be barreled into with a loud "Oof."

Isolde giggled as he picked her up into his chair. "Sorry, Papa..."

"It's alright, little cub..." Maxim said, brushing the little girl's hair back in place and fixed her gown.