04

"Did you get the video?" Shigaraki asks, voice high-pitched in glee.

"I did," you giggle, and lean over to play with his hair. "Oh, Shigaraki~ I can't wait to meet all the new people who come to join! To think, this place'll be filled with people just as sick as you and Stain, and of course our dear boss, all of them here with only one goal: to disturb otherwise innocent lives. . ."

Your eyes droop, becoming half-lidded, and your smile slips from your face. Slipping your hand from the pale blue locks, you turn your back to both Shigaraki and Kurogiri.

". . .just the thought alone makes my skin crawl with absolute, outright, arrant disgust."

---------

"He's safe." You skip the greetings. So does your friend on the other end.

"I saw the video," they inform you, voice curt. "Guess we'll see each other more often."

You hang up after that. The phone lights up in your hands, and you only raise the temperature. The crackling fire burns your skin; the cheap plastic and metal fuses together in a puddle of melted mush.

Looking down from the top-story window of the abandoned building you are standing in, you easily spot the head of red and white among the mass of other pedestrians. He must have been released from the hospital.

Well, look at you. Little Todoroki Shouto. . .

Your lips tug up into their usual smile.

Your personality is so shallow and so, so selfish.