extended summary + disclaimers

❝ AND IN A HEARTBEAT,

EVERYTHING CHANGED. ❞

Have you ever wondered what it was like to save the world? To be a hero? To have power?

Cindy Moon often found herself thinking about these kind of things whilst cowering in her bedroom, from fear of herself. Ever since she attended a school field trip gone terribly wrong, she gained uncontrollable powers that lead to her suffering and destruction of things. She shut herself out from her friends, her family, and her entire life crumbled before her. Ever since the accident had happened, Cindy Moon practically became a different person.

With the Spider-Man showing up on the news and saving the city, Cindy Moon felt even more hopeless, ironically. She couldn't control her power, and the Spider-Man was just another person with a life full of good in Cindy's eyes. Cindy was alone, afraid, and desperate for help, and she would do anything to change what had happened.

So when Cindy peered through the peephole of her door and saw Captain America himself standing on the other side, she willingly opened with a shaky hand. Steve Rogers had come to Cindy, offering to help her control her powers and get her old life back. Cindy eagerly agreed and soon, she found her spending all of her free time with America's signature superhero.

Steve's offer came into great use and granted Cindy and Steve with an unbreakable bond. Steve became the father that Cindy never had, and just like the man had promised, he helped her get her life back.

Things were going well again for Cindy until trouble struck once again. Cindy had discovered something she wasn't supposed to know about the man who was a savior to Cindy, and even a father figure. Sure enough, the two parted ways and tried to forget everything.

Sometimes, when tragedy strikes, a hero emerges. Cindy Moon never believed this until she experienced it herself, with the help from Steve. Maybe it was destiny, fate, whatever you want to call it, maybe it was meant to be that Steve Rogers and Cindy Moon parted ways after forming a once thought to be unbreakable bond.

Though, broken bonds can heal themselves at times, and destiny can change. And it did for Cindy Moon and Steve Rogers.

disclaimer

All rights to these characters go to Marvel's amazing comic books and movies. This plot is inspired by the Captain America: Civil War movie, and all rights go to Marvel for the majority of my plot.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Eeeek! I'm so excited to get this story started! I've always been a huge fan of Silk and she's been one of my favorite female Marvel characters for a long time, so I'm super excited to publish these chapters!

So, obviously this whole story is kind of a twist on Civil War. Instead of Tony Stark recruiting Peter Parker to help fight along his side, it's Steve Rogers recruiting Cindy Moon. I hope it doesn't seem stupid because I'm super excited to write it, lmao.

This first story (yesss, this is going to be the first book of a small series hehe) if set pre-Civil War. I'm not following Silk's storyline in the comic books, and instead I'm kind of making my own if that makes any sense haha. Book two is going to be set during civil war.

This absolutely STUNNING cover is made by the amazing spideysthetic , please go check out her page, she does amazing graphics as well as stories!! Thank you so much Cynthia, I'm in love with the cover!!!

I hope you all enjoy this story as I'm super excited to publish it!

[started - July 2018]
[finished - ???]