18. Back in my life

Chapter 18. Back in my life

Ryan’s point of view

I got out of the car and grabbed my bag from the backseat. Walking to the main door, only one thought was going on in my head, ‘Please let everything be okay.’

I rang the bell and waited for mom to open up.
“Hey Ryan, come in.” she spoke, getting aside to let me in.
“Why so happy?” was the first thing I could think of to say. Couldn’t blame me though, from a last few months, all I saw was mom’s gloomy face.
Her smile dropped and she stopped me from walking away by gripping on my shoulder, “Can’t I be happy?”
“You can but you’re not actually trying to be happy mom.” I snapped out, which resulted mom’s face to drop.
I sighed deeply and brought her closer to me and enveloped her in a hug. “Sorry, I shouldn’t talk to you like that.”
She didn’t say anything, just kept her head on my shoulder and wandered in her world.

“Aw, mother-son reunion again? I mean it’s cute for once but every single week, don’t you think it’s too over done now?” Annabella’s teasing voice called from behind.
“Shut up Anna, I missed by son, can’t I show a little gesture?” mom replied.

Anna made a gaggling face and spoke,”Psst, missed him? He comes here every weekened, not a very long time in between.”
“But you stay here all the time so I seemed to be more important here sister.” I smirked at my sister who surprising, began to get annoyed.

“On please, I’m more busier than you. You just have to go to college, but I have to work, I run this family.” she said bluntly.
“She never do a thing in the office, even when I pressure her to do so.” mom whispered in my ear, making me chuckle a little.

Anna’s narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest,”What did she say now?”
“Nothing.” was my answer.
“Yeah, like always. Son and the mother ganging up against me. It’s not fair you know?” she said dramatically, walking down the stairs.
“You two used to gang up against me most of the time when I was in school, was it fair then?” I asked, placing my bag on the ground.
“Of course it was, they found you on the stairs of a church Ryan. Couldn’t you make out how you looked so different from us?” she said with her eyes showing a hint of amusement. “I’m like a beauty queen and you..” she looked at me from head to toe with distaste and then began again,”you look like a pussy.”

Mom’s eyes widened at her words whereas I chuckled. It was quite funny what she called me because some decisions that I had taken in life, proved that I was a big pussy.

“What was that Anna? Is that what you call your little brother?” mom exclaimed.
“No but you have to agree that it was funny.” she spoke chuckling.

 “I’ll go and change.” I spoke and ran to the room along with my bag.

After getting freshen up, I jumped on the bed and placed my head over my crossed arms.
A lot of thoughts wandered in my head. Thoughts about how to fix up mom, how things changed suddenly and the blood boiling one, how fucking much I hated my dad.
But out of all these, there was one thought that could never get out of my head, thoughts of her.

As I was about to get lost in her memories, an annoying sound grabbed my attention.

I walked to the door and opened it up, only to find Anna with a grinning face.

Without any word, she hugged me tightly.
“God, how much I missed you.” she screamed.
“What the fuck Anna? What are you doing?” I matched the volume of her voice, she was crushing me.
“Sorry, just got a little carried away after seeing you.” she grinned, fixing my hair up but I snapped her hands away.