umbrella cliche (oneshot)

Immediately into break time, Yuu told the squad he'll be finding Guren for a quick chat. There was hesitation, all the young teens wondered what the "quick chat" was. Yuu may look dense, but he's not human. They had all witnessed it. They allowed him off and advised him on a look out for vampires, as you never know what tricks they'll be pulling.

"Come back quick too." Kimizuki remarked.

They were outside, everyone in their squads chatting amongst themselves.

Just then, it began to rain. Mitsuba first felt something wet on her hair, then looked up to check. The pitter patter of the rain had hit the ground, everyone retreated inside the building, Mitsu stopped her squad.

"Where the hell is Yuu?!" She shot a glare at her teammates, Kimizuki sighed.

"Probably with Guren or something, well, hs should've returned quick just like I said so." The aggravated boy scratched his head in annoyance, that bastard, Kimizuki wanted to curse. Why the hell would he belueve that Yuu would listen to him in the first place?

Especially after disobeying Shinoa's orders, the leader of the squad, Kimizuki is just a minor here losing his desired leader position to a midget.

Shinoa cut in. "Let's go in for now, I'll go find him in any case."

They agreed and went in to look for Guren and his squad. They were laughing and in an extremely happy state for adults whom have been through hell to be together, and now hell is still on earth.

Shinya noticed Shinoa's squad first, obviously as he was in the centre of the group, facing Guren as his back was facing Shinoa and her squad.

"Shinoa!" Being the pleasant brother he is, Shinya smoothly called out his adoptive's sister's name.

"Where's Yuu?" Shinoa asked, getting straight to the point. "He said he was going to Lieutenant Colonel."

"Guren?" Shinya turned to Guren.

"He didn't come to me at all, that idiot has been avoiding me the entire morning." Guren answered.

"I see." Shinoa said. "Sorry to bother you."

"Let's go ask the other squads, he's probably picking fights with someone. You know how he is." Yoichi remarked.

Kimizuki added. "You're smart."

They turned around, Shinya stopped them. "I think I saw him outside during break, behind the wooden crates!"

"Thanks." Shinoa smiled, for once Shinya had finally done his job as a big brother.

The squad had agreed to split up.
Before completely leaving Shinoa alone, Kimizuki handed her a black umbrella.

"So you don't get wet." He simply said.

"Thank you." And with that, she wandered off into the field. The lavender-haired girl had volounteered to be the one to find Yuu behind the crates, it was likely because she knew the place better than anyone.

And there sat the lad, behind the wooden crates. His arms hugging one leg, and his head dugged deep into one side of his leg.

He's hugging himself? Shinoa thought.

"You know." She spoke up. "If you wanted a hug, my arms are open."

Yuu flinched and turned his gaze towards the girl. A confused stare gazed upon Shinoa, what was she thinking? Yuu's expression clearly doesn't say that he wanted a hug. It wasn't like her arms were open at all, she was holding the umbrella steadily with both hands.

"Shinoa. So you found me." He said with a faint voice and got up, brushing the dirt off of his trousers.

"We were looking for you. What were you doing? Thinking about how much life would be better if more women desired your lewdness?" Her lips curved into smuggish smile, and her eyes softened and her voice still lady-like, yet not too much emotions were put into those teasing words.

"Stop." He finally said, her heartbeat accelerated. This was the first time he told her to stop with a seriousness. No...idiot Shinoa! She should know full well to not disappoint your crush. "I'm sorry I ran away."

"Let's go back." The latter twirled her umbrella. "You're going to catch a cold."

Yuu walked towards her and took the umbrella out of her hands, raising the umbrella slightly higher due to his taller stature. There was an inch gap between the two, mostly because Yuu was wet and didn't want to burden Shinoa.

Thank goodness the umbrella was big enough to fit the two.