No More Goody Two Shoes 47

Start from the beginning

"And I really don't want to talk to Kyle again." I sighed. "I'm a trusting person. And when someone cheats on me, ignores me, hits me, gets wasted, yells at me..." I shook my head, "I don't even want to look at him."

Chase stared at me, "Where did he sleep last night?" A muscle in his arm twitched.

"In the spare room." Chase nodded, and neither of us said anything. "What time is it?" I whispered.

Chase spun around to his computer. He shook the mouse and turned the monitor on. He looked back at me, "it's six." My eyebrows lifted.

"Wow," I said. "I should get home."

"Home?" he tilted his head to the side. "Or to my house?"

"Home." I mumbled. He nodded and started to clean up his desk. I waited, watching him. Everything was completely off his desk when he looked up at me. "What?"

"Come here," he gave me a smile. I walked around the desk and he pulled me down onto his lap. "Kiss me," he said. I stared at him, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"But..." I raised my eyebrows, "you're at work?"

"It's six o'clock," he smiled, "no one else is here," he kissed my neck. Right on cue, there was rapid knocking on his door. He sighed and let me get off his lap. I scrambled over his desk and into the other chair. "Yes?" he asked.

"Mr. Robin," The small blonde was back. I rolled my eyes at her, she was some sort of desperate. "Oh, I didn't know you still had a client..." she gave me a smile.

"Yes," he nodded, "what can I assist you with, Britney?"

"Uh," she just stared at him. "Did you, uh, get your message, that I transfered?"

"I haven't had a chance to listen," he stared back at her. I could have probably cut the tension in the air with a dull spoon.

"Well, whenever... you get the chance." she gave him a smile and shut the door on her way out. He sighed heavily and picked up his phone, pressing a button and putting the phone to his ear. He leaned on his elbow and put his head in his hand.

He slammed the phone down and stood up. He walked by me, flinging his door open and slamming it behind him. I jumped at the loud slam. I could hear muffled yelling, and walked out the door. He was standing at the reception desk, both hands on it. Britney was sitting down, staring at her hands as he yelled at her.

"Do you not understand plain fucking English?" He yelled. He punched the desk with the end of his fist. I think I was in shock at him yelling at her. My mouth was dropped open and I slowly backed down the hall to his office, hearing him continue yelling, "when I said no, I meant fucking no! You are harassing me. We are co-workers."

I sat at his desk, in his chair. I picked up his phone, biting my lip as I hit the voicemail button. "Chase." was whispered into the phone, it was Britney's voice, "I really, really enjoyed the last couple days. I was just wondering what you meant when you said no more? I mean... no more of what exactly?" I was disgusted. He was having sex with his receptionist?

I set the phone back down, grabbed my purse, and walked down the hall. Chase was talking to her, watching her scared face. He looked up at me, as did she. I looked at them both as I opened the door to walk outside. "Sam?" Chase asked. I turned and looked at him.

"Yes?"

"Let me grab my keys." He stared at me. I shut the door and walked to his Mazda. The lights flicked as he unlocked the doors from inside the building. I opened the door and sat down. Within moments Chase was getting into the car beside me. "Sorry," he mumbled. "She is absolutely nuts."