03

-

LUKE'S POV

Once I dropped the kids home, they left the car as soon as I seemed to park in the driveway. Well, okay.

Hopping out as well, I decided to make an appearance, seeing that I still lived here until tomorrow morning of course.

"Sarah, Bryan! Where have you two been, I was worried." Gwen sighed, but as she spotted me, she froze.

"Hi." I half smile, as she looks down at the floor.

"Hey.. Um, thank you. For picking them up."

I nodded. She turns around, about to make her way upstairs before I stop her with the words that suddenly left my mouth.

"Gwen, you know I.. Even though everything between us is pretty much over, you're still the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"Luke, don't." She sighed, shaking her head.

"No. I'm saying I will always care for you, there was never a day I stopped. I know these past few years I've been a huge jerk, all I ever did was complain about how miserable my life was. But you were my small bit of happiness. You, you were my life as soon as I lost my previous one." I was telling the truth. "And, I know I'm just an ungrateful guy who had everything, and now lost every single thing because of how careless I've been. I was so ungrateful and I'm sorry for that."

"You, have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that." She muttered, walking over to me. Her blue eyes glistened with tears as she looked up at me.

Taking her into a hug, her arms slowly wrapped around my neck.

"I'm going to miss you." She says anyway.

"Wait what? What I said didn't mean anything to you?" I shook my head in confusion as I glance at her.

"Of course it did." She frowned. "A few words won't change anything, Luke. You wake up, now? After all these years? That doesn't make any sense. Look, I'll keep in touch, you'll still get full custody with the two. And.. I just want to forget. I just..don't need you anymore."

"After all I fucking sacrificed, Gwen." I angered, running a hand through my hair.

"This is exactly why I can't live with you! I stop you from living your life, Luke.'' She rose her voice. "And I can't live like this, with you complaining every single second! I'm not good enough for you, and we should've known it ever since the beginning."

"I threw everything away for you. To live a life with you."

"But you aren't grateful." She whispers. "I try so hard, and you don't appreciate anything."

The silence between us broke my heart into pieces, as I looked away.

"I'll be gone by tomorrow morning, then." I whispered.

And with that, I left. I simply just.. Walked away from it all.

-

-

My eyelids were already drooping, seeing I've been driving forever now.

I let her go. The thing is, I ended up with nothing. If I would've known in the start, I would've chosen the band..

Yawning, I continued to drive down the same street for the the tenth time now, until my car begins to slow down, on the bridge.

"Fuck." I groaned, leaning my head back on the seat.Turning the music off, I let out a sigh. "I'm a fuck up.'' I tell myself, closing my eyes.

After a few minutes of just sitting in silence and thinking about all the mistakes I've made, I glance at the time.

11:11PM

Just in time.

"Well let's just hope this works.'' I laugh dryly to myself. "I wish, that I can be seventeen again. I want my teenage life back."

As I said that, the glowing and luminated green numbers flickered to 11:12PM.

Running a hand through my hair, something had caught my attention.

Slowly licking at my lips, the sound of the roaring water got louder, and so did the wind.

"Luke.."

I heard my name, I swear it.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I hesitated.

"Hello? Who's there?" I yelled over the loud noise.

The voice repeated my name. Was it just my head? Was I going insane?

Finally deciding to hop out of the car, I cross the street in a hurry. Shivering at the sudden coldness, I jam my hands into my pockets.

Looking over the railing, I found her. No.. It couldn't be. It was Gwen.

Only seventeen years younger that is.

"Gwen?!" I screamed, my eyes widening in shock. Blinking repeatedly and quickly, the image of her actually drowning didn't seem to go away.

"Luke help me!" She cried out.

"I-I'm imagining this. This is not real." I told myself, shaking my head and closing my eyes.

But she.. She looked as if she was right there, her hand reaching out to me. It had me in a shocked state, seeing that it was Gwen. In teenage version.

"Help.." She cried, her voice getting in my head.

"Oh my god." I gushed, finally giving in and reaching my hand out to help her out of the roaring water.

But instead of what I had expected.. I'm pulled into the deep water with her.

-

-