"This is, to me, huge," Christina mused as they walked up to the front door. Blake had been a gentleman and had gotten her bag from the back of the truck and carried it up to the wrap-around porch.

"Wait until you see the inside," Adam said grinning. He fished for his keys and took them out of his pocket. After unlocking the door, they stepped into the front hall. "Yep. This is where I live."

Christina looked around in awe. She began to walk around, admiring the paintings that hung on the wall. Adam led her up the steps and down a hall to the last bedroom.

"I thought you might like a room to yourself," Adam told her, grinning.

Christina ignored him and stepped into the room. She didn't bother to stifle the gasp.

A large, king sized bed sat in the middle covered with a light red bedspread. A vanity sat in the corner as well as two dressers. The closet was bigger than her old bedroom and the bathroom was even bigger.

"You like it?" Adam asked from behind her.

"Yes," Christina breathed. She sat down on the bed as Blake came in and sat her bag down by the dresser.

"I'll be leaving now so you can have that 'talk'," he said, smirking at Adam.

"Thanks for the ride, man," Adam said.

Blake winked at Christina before leaving the room and Christina and Adam alone.

"So, you wanted to talk?" Adam said casually.

"Not now," Christina muttered tiredly. "Maybe later."

Adam smiled and stepped out of the room, leaving her to settle down.

<><><><>

Later that evening, Adam and Christina sat at the kitchen table eating pizza. Christina had not said much since coming down. She just stared down at her plate, nibbling at her pizza with only a slight interest. Adam thought that maybe she was still settling down. But then he might be wrong; maybe she missed her brother and mother. He chose the latter one.

"If you would like, you could use the phone to call your mom," Adam suggested, breaking the silence. Christina looked up, her eyes brightening and shoulders lifting.

"I would like that."

Adam beamed, glad to have cheered her up. He polished off his second slice of pizza before wiping his hands on a napkin and getting up to retrieve the phone. When he grabbed it from the counter and handed it to Christina, she dialed her mothers number right away.

"Mom?" A smile lit up her face. "Yes, I'm fine."

Adam slipped out of the room to give her some privacy. He strode into the living room and aimlessly browsed at the selections of movies he had on a shelve by the TV. He then turned and began to pace back and forth in front of the couch, thoughts wandering.

How was he going to get Christina to trust him more? The thought had been weighing on him all day. Christina seemed to shy away from him every time he tried to get close. He wanted to hold her in his arms, to kiss her. He wanted those days they had back when they first met. But would it be easy? Maybe not.

Tomorrow Adam had promised Christina he would show her around L.A. He also had a surprise for her. He knew she would be thrilled and shocked. He smiled just thinking about what he had in store for tomorrow.

<><><><>

Christina soaked in the bathtub, sighing as the hot water soothed her. After talking to her mother, she felt better. They had talked for an hour before Christina promised to call every night.

Christina's thoughts shifted to Adam and she smiled. He had been giving her space and she respected him for that. But she knew he wanted more, though she was not willing to give him more until she knew she could trust him.

Christina finished her bath and slipped out. She wrapped a large towel around her body, feeling a content wave wash over her. After drying her hair, getting dressed in a pair of pajamas and slipping into bed, she burrowed under the warm covers.

A knock suddenly sounded at the bedroom door. Without waiting for an answer, Adam opened the door and walked in.

"Just wanted to say goodnight, Chris," he murmured quietly. He didn't come in any further than the door, wanting to give her space.

"Goodnight, Ad," Christina yawned, smiling tiredly. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For bringing me here and keeping your promise."

Adam shook his head. "You don't have to thank me, Chris."

"Still."

Christina searched his gaze and found hope and love in his eyes. She wanted to kiss him...but she couldn't.

"Well, see you tomorrow morning."

Adam gave her a smile before slipping out and shutting the door behind him. Christina stared after him and felt a longing surface. She sighed and closed her eyes, bringing the covers up around her.

<><><><>

Adam staid up for another hour, sitting out on the balcony in his room. He had his guitar and a piece of paper with him, but he couldn't think of anything to write. After tapping the pencil on his knee for a few minutes and strumming a few notes on his guitar, the words started to come. Somehow, he knew this would be an incredible song. And as he began to strum a tune and sing the lyrics, his thoughts never strayed from Christina.