When they exited the airport after getting their luggage, they were bombarded with camera flashes and several voices speaking all at once. Microphones were shoved in their faces and questions shot their way.

"Adam..."

Christina felt dizzy as she clutched Adam's arm, hoping she wouldn't faint in the middle of all of this. This was all too much for her; she wasn't used to this.

"Hang on, Chris," Adam told her, casting a glare towards the intruding media. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and tried to guide her out of the horde of reporters.

"Adam, over here!"

Adam looked up in time to see his best friend, Blake, drive up in a pickup truck. Blake jumped out and helped them get the luggage in the back before they all piled in. Finally, they were driving away, leaving the media behind.

"Thanks a bunch, Blake," Adam muttered in relief.

"No problem," Blake replied with a grin. "Knew y'all would need help. That's why I came."

"Blake, this is Christina Aguilera," Adam introduced. "Christina, this is my best buddy, Blake Shelton."

Christina was still shaken from her experience. When she heard her name spoken, she snapped out of her daze.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you," she muttered.

"You too. I've heard a ton about you from Adam."

Christina blushed and turned to glanced at Adam, who sat next to her. Even though she sat in the middle of Blake and Adam, she still had plenty of room. Adam caught her glance and gave her a quick a wink.

An awkward silence suddenly surrounded them like the humid heat on a summer day.

"So are you two, um, together...?" Blake asked gesturing to them with his hand,taking his eyes off the road for a moment.

"No-" Christina started quickly.

"Yes-" Adam interrupted before getting cut off by Christina.

"Adam, what did I tell you?"

Adam scratched the top of his head, wincing and waiting for her to blow.

"I'll say this one more time, Adam Noah Levine-"

"Uh-oh," Blake muttered.

But it never came.

Before Christina could go on, Adam had crushed his lips to hers, silencing her next words.

"Get a room," Blake muttered rolling his eyes. It was clear that these two had a major tension between them.

Adam broke the kiss, grinning from ear-to-ear. Christina on the other hand, was not at all happy. A scowl lit up her face and her eyes were blazing with fury.

Blake felt really nervous, hoping not of that anger would be aimed at him. He swallowed and tried to focus on the road, keeping his gaze away from the couple next to him.

"We are going to have a talk later, Adam," Christina promised, her voice very serious.

The rest of the ride was quite after that, no one having anything much to say. The silence wasn't uncomfortable, but merely tense and awkward.

Blake pulled into the drive of Adam's large house, making sure the coast was clear of the media or paparazzi before stopping the vehicle and killing the engine.

Christina slid out after Adam, awed by how big the house was. She was still slightly mad at Adam and wasn't planning on speaking to him, but she couldn't help but break the silence.