"I promise, damn." I mumbled. "How long this been going on?"

"Ever since my sixteenth birthday." She sighed. "I'm used to it now." She mumbled.

"How much you need?" I asked her.

"Ty'Lia—"

"Come on Amber, How much you need?"

"She owe him like one fifty worth of heroin and a zip. Chump change, but she won't get off her ass and go get the lil $350 because she knows he'll leave us alone if he gets me."

"I'll have it by 8:30."

"Ty, it's fine."

"No it's not. Come on, my mama just texted that she outside." We got up and she wiped her face. I pulled her into a tight hug, and she just started crying.

We made our way out to see that there were two cars, sitting and running side by side. I see that the car I didn't recognize had an older woman—who was Quan's mama, and him on the passengers side.

"Why Yeen call me?" Was the first thing he asked.

"Dude, because." I stopped and just got in the car. I texted him and told him that his mama ain't know about us yet, so keep it cool. I didn't know why, but something was telling me to wait on that.

The whole ride me and Amber was quiet, because my mama was ranting and stuff. When we finally got over there, I was nervous as hell.

"Whea yo daddy?" Mama asked Calvin as he laid across the sofa.

"In his office." He mumbled, not taking his eyes off the TV.

"Come on, Ty'Lia. Quan, Amber, we'll be back." She said, opening the door to the basement. When we made it down the steps, we surprised my daddy who was writing something. He sighed.

"Talia—you really brought Alisha here? Calling her for some internal problems as always."

"Boy, fuck You." Ms. Alisha blew some smoke from the cigarette she was smoking.

"Kevin, you know good and damn well if I would've been awake when you did that, I woulda slapped the dog shit outta you."

"Watch yo mouth!"

"I'm grown! Now listen, I'm not even gone argue with you. Imma give you my ultimatum. Either you tell this child you sorry and stop messing with her, or we both leavin. Period." He busted out laughing.

"And where you gone go? We made a commitment baby, and yeen got nowhere else to go."

"Don't worry bout that. In or out?" He just shook his head and walked past her.

"You act like you don't know English all of a sudden." Mama followed him and so did Ms. Alisha as I looked at his desk. In the top right drawer, I knew he kept money from offerings. I bit my lip, thinking about it.

I shouldn't bite the hand that feeds me like that.

Then again, my best friend is in trouble.

He doesn't do anything with that money except help himself.

I realized I had to act quick as I heard yelling on the other side of the basement. I ran over to the desk and snatched five hundreds, realizing there was so much money in all of the envelopes that he wouldn't even miss it. And they were unmarked.

I shut the drawer and stuffed the money in my bra. I went over to the other side of the basement, despite me shaking.

"KEVIN, YOU AINT SHIT! SHE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE LIL SIDE HOE ANYWAY!" I paused.

"You cheated on my mama?"

"Stay outta grown folks business."

"Ty'Lia, it's okay."

"Man, no it ain't! Daddy, you a hypocrite, man." I told him, shaking my head and going in the opposite direction. When I made it up the steps, all eyes were on me.

"Help me get my shit."

"Oooo, TyTy said a bad wordddd."

"Shut up Calvin." I said, going up the steps.

"What happened?" Quan asked.

"Bro, my daddy is a fucking goofy. Me and my mama homeless." I shrugged.

"No y'all not, you can stay with me." I sighed as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Gone be straight, big head." He mumbled as he kissed my temple. I pulled the money out from my bra and handed it to Amber.

"Where you get this?" She asked, eyes wide.

"I got it out his drawer." I shrugged.

"You stole it? Man, hell nawl Ty'Lia, you could've asked me for that."

"Fuck him." I bucked. The door slammed open and Quan let go of me before it even fully opened.

"I'm finna kill yo fucking daddy, girl. After you get done getting a couple outfits, help yo mama pack some of the twin's stuff."

"Yes ma'am."

"Quan, bring yo mannish ass here and help." He sucked his teeth as he left the room.

"Imma pay you back, Ty."

"You better not."

_______________________

Broooo I be wanting to delete my old books so bad😩...like my old writing will always make me cringe. Even now I cringe at my work like why tf do y'all like this shit 💀 it will always be trash to me. Ig that's how I am tho 🤷🏾‍♀️

We not even gone talk about this nigga and Molly 🤣 just gone ask Jesus to politely take the wheel

Comment & Vote 💙❤️