Enemy of my Enemy

Start from the beginning

"Looking at her injuries, she must've been caught up in a fight to protect her young." Havòk said. "And we can't keep these on their own to survive out here. They're too young and frail to withstand another animal's attack. Take them to the ship and try to feed them with some cooked meat. Hopefully these two are hungry." Ann ordered.

"Meat? No yak milk?" One Hunter who would take the puppies with him asked her. "No! Yak milk is way too fat for them. They cannot digest it. They will vomit, have diarrhea and stomach aches. I prefer to give these two little guys a good life instead of killing them when you have good intentions." Ann said.

"How do you know that?" Havòk asked her. "I know a lot about animals, I've been growing up with them and most people asked me for help when something was wrong with their pet. Mostly it was an easy thing to solve. Mostly animals were my friends instead of humans." She smiled. "Now. Let's get back to what we came for, shall we?" She suggested and Havòk nodded.

The group went looking for Hiccup when Ann caught the sound of the Night Fury from a cave. She signed the men that they were hiding there. They got up to the entrance of the cave, but were attacked. Ann was knocked out first, followed by her men.

When the men woke up, they had to wake Ann up from her unconsciousness. She had a headache, but stood up as if it was nothing. They had to find the boy, again. "Who was it that attacked us?" She said while standing up. "Dagur, ma'am." "What? How did he... Ugh, never mind. We have to find them both and bring them back to Viggo." She continued her way.

Ann and Luna continued their way when Luna caught the scent of something. "What is it, girl? You found them?" Ann asked her dragon who raced of in pursuit. She followed her dragon and quickly saw Hiccup running for his life. "Gotcha." Ann chased Hiccup down the island with Luna by her side.

Luna, however, got distracted from another smell she liked more. "Luna, keep your mind on the task." Ann yelled to her dragon, but Luna ignored her and kept running into a different direction.

Ann let her be and chased Hiccup until he had no more chance of escaping. "Now I got you." She got her daggers ready to take Hiccup by herself. She was just a meter away from him when someone jumped behind her. Out of nothing.

Turning around, she could quickly see it was Dagur, but he hit her in the face, stole her dagger from her and cut her in the leg. After that, there was one more blow to the head which made her black out again.

She was woken up by Havòk and some other men. She felt terrible pain coming from her leg and grabbed it tightly. When she looked at her hand again, she saw that something was missing. "My ring! No! Viggo is gonna kill me!" Tears welled up in her eyes the moment she realized her betrothal ring was gone.

"Ann, calm down. If you tell the honest truth to him, he'll understand. You can't do anything about this, you were knocked down." Havòk calmly talked to her. "I'm afraid you are too badly injured that you can't continue on this mission. We have to bring you back." He said as he looked at the wound. "Fine, but where is Luna? I'm not leaving without her." She said in resistance to leave her dragon left behind.

"We'll find her and bring her back to you. Right now we will bring you back to the ship." Havòk got her to her feet and brought her back with one more man supporting her. Luna was later found in a dragon trap. She was lured with some chicken.

A few hours later, Ann got back to Hunter Island and was helped by some men to get off the ship. Viggo and Ryker were waiting for her on the docks. "What happened?" Viggo walked up to her as soon as he saw she was injured again. "Dagur happened." "What the?" He was shocked but then growled. "But it was not the only thing what happened." She said and whistled to some men on the deck.

They got off carrying the two pups. "What in the name of Thor is..." Ryker got out of his mouth. "We found these two not far from their murdered mother. They are too young and frail to have made it on their own out there. One animal attack and they would've been killed. I thought to take them with me to give them a worthy way of living. And maybe, if you agree, give them to you two." She gave them her best look to convince them to have the pups.

"You really want us to have these puppies?" Viggo and Ryker both asked. Ann nodded and they couldn't be happier that she thought of them this way. "Besides... Viggo..." She looked down. "Hey, what is it? You can tell me anything, you know that." He cupped her face in his hands. Tears welled up in her eyes again.

"Dagur probably stole the ring you gave me..." "What? How?" He stuttered. "Dagur knocked me out when I almost had a grip on Hiccup. He did this to me and stole the thing you gave to me when you declared that you wanted to be with me forever." Tears were rolling down her face. "It's okay. We'll get it back. You can't do a thing about this. Don't worry about it." He calmed her.

Taking her back to his tent where the cut was treated better, Viggo and Ryker were already falling in love with the pups they got from Ann. "You already know a name for yours, Vig?" Ryker asked. "I might, but I need to make sure it fits him." Viggo said holding the pup on his lap.

The puppy was sleeping with his head hanging over Viggo's arm. "Looks like you can't get away from there now, baby. What's the name you had in mind for him?" Ann laughed during her treatment. "I was thinking about Argos." He petted the sleeping thing on his lap.

"Nice one. I would definitely fit him. I think I will call mine Dino." Ryker said. "Dino? Where did you get that from?" Havòk asked while treating Ann's leg. "Odin, but then moving some letters." Ryker smiled. They all had to laugh a bit. They left the puppies rest and went back to work after it.