Prolouge

*I will change the cover to the book when i get photoshop again, enjoy*
I Can Ease Your Pain: The Finale

Niecy Marae

Prologue

"Good night, children!" I say to the children as all of them in the basement are watching a movie; they decided to all sleep together tonight and have a movie night.

"Good night, Mommy!" They scream back at me, and I smile at them they are all so precious, each one of them, sometimes I'm surprised that I'm even a mother, I go back upstairs to Zayn and I room and he's lying down on his phone, I'm glad he's still searching for a business because he's not out all late and we have more time to spend with each other.

"What you looking at on that phone?" I question, stepping into our walk-in closet and slipping on a plain t-shirt along with some loose joggers.

He sucks his teeth. "Nothing... just looking for some shit that's probably on sale. You tryna catch up on some Power tonight?"

I turn off our closet light before grabbing a jacket and walking out. "Yeah...but first, I need to go grab me an aspirin from CVS. My head is killing me...my migraines been coming back."

"Bae, I can go get that for you; you don't need to be out late and you sure the doctor approves of the shit?"

"Yeah." I rub the crook of my neck. "She just told me not to take it often and I'll be fine, baby. You been running around town all day...and I need some fresh air after being with our loud ass kids all day." I chuckle.

"A'ight, come straight back."

"I will, baby..." I say as I'm walking out but stop in my tracks, thinking that he may want something back. "You want me to get you something?"

"No, baby, I'm good. Hurry back though before I fall asleep."

"Okay, it's only down the street."

***

I sit in the driveway of my home, to give myself a minute to turn on my GPS, since I don't know where everything is yet located. Living in New York has been fun so far and I'm happy to be starting my job in a few days, but I must admit that I am kind of nervous, but I know that I will be fine.

I look in my rearview mirror before pulling out of my driveway. The breeze coming through my window as I'm hitting the road feels good and I'm in tune with the streetlights and the tall buildings I see; it's beautiful.

"In one point six miles, turn right," The GPS directs me. I do exactly what she says, and then slow down at a yellow light that then turns red, having me make a complete stop. I turn on the radio and "One More Chance" by The Notorious BIG is playing. I nod my head to the beat and rest the side of my face in the palm of my hand.

I suddenly hear multiple horns beeping and bright headlights shining throughout my car from the side of me, that causes me to turn. I'm surprised to see a speeding semi-truck not even five feet away from me; it's either a drunk driver or sleeping driver.

"Shit!" I put my foot on the gas, driving up. But it's too late.

Crash!

I can't feel or barely hear anything; it's like my whole body is numb and I can't react, but it starts once I feel water coming down my leg. Oxygen slowly begins to leave my body and I no longer can breathe.

ZAYN

My phone vibrates against my lap, causing my eyes to shoot open after being in a deep slumber, I yawn and rub my hand across my face then look beside me to see that Makeila is not lying on her side of the bed, which is odd. I pick up my phone and press the power button to see that it is 1:30am and she went for a store run at around 9, I get up and walk over to our bathroom but she's not in there.