Mirror

Gene looked into the mirror, studying his face, peering deep into his own eyes. He saw malice, hatred, sorrow, rage, confusion. He held up his hands and looked at them. He saw what he was capable of, what he had done in his past. He saw the pain he had caused. Gene looked at his face, at the blank expression, at the way it didn't show how dangerous or hurt he was at all. How it didn't show what it was supposed to.

Gene looked out the window. Any of the people out there could be even more messed up than him. They could do these horrible things and enjoy it, whatever their horrible thing was. Who knows, that man in the plaid could be a rapist. That woman over there with the really red hair could be a murderer. The teen with the overly cutesy clothes and the smile could be a social manipulator, crushing their foes into the dirt with verbal attacks and friends to back said attacks up. The elderly man could be a professional con artist, practiced in appearing genuine. Any of these people could be even worse than Gene. Or they could all be innocent. Faces no longer were to be trusted.

Gene looked at the mirror one last time, at his own face, the look of either apathy or irritation always present, or seemingly so. Right now it looked liked apathy. A sigh escaped him as he turned away from the mirror and grabbed his suitcase, ready to go to work. He turned out the light and went out the door, locking it behind him. He took a seat by the elderly man at the bus stop, and waited for his ride.

Dunno why but I felt inspired to write this so here it is XD, lemme know whatcha think, I doubt I'll continue it since I don't really have a story for it but, I dunno. But yeah lemme know what you think of this lil blurb of a chapter.