"They can still see each other, they just can't work together. Apparently if creates too much of a distraction, and they don't want lovers rooming together if you know what I mean. I'm a little shook too, though. This is the first I've heard of it."

     "So this new team member," I began, curious. "Will it be another boy?"

      Kaito shrugged. "Not sure."

----------

 That night, Shoto's POV

     I was the last person awake in the house around midnight. I had to finish the assignments for Aizawa and keep studying for our written final. But after being awake for so long, my head started to sink onto my desk.

     Just then, I was startled awake by my buzzing phone. I glanced at the screen and read "unknown caller".

     I mentally shrugged. Whatever...

     I didn't pick up and let the vibration end. However, after a few more moments, it buzzed again.

     It was the same number.

     Okay, fine. I answered the call.

     "ALRIGHT YOU HALF-AND-HALF PUNK, JUST WHAT WAS ALL THAT TODAY?!?!"

     "Bakugo? I don't remember giving you my number." I set the phone on my desk. His voice was loud enough for me to hear without being on speaker.

      "I got it from Shima, BUT SO WHAT?! EXPLAIN YOURSELF AND ALL THE WEIRDNESS THIS AFTERNOON!!!"

     "..."

     "COME ON, YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! WITH (Y/N)!!!"

     "I could ask you the same thing," I coldly responded. "I didn't know you were her stalker."

     "STALKER?! I'M NOT A STALKER!!!!"

     "Would you mind not yelling?"

     Bakugo took his volume down a few decibels. "What do you want with (Y/N)?!"

     "..." I wasn't quite sure what he was asking, so I said nothing.

     "C'MON, just say you like her already!!!!!"

     I felt my cheeks burn a little, something that didn't often happen. Like her? Like that? Nah...

     "Todoroki you're still there, I KNOW YOU ARE!!!!!!"

     "Yeah, I'm here."

     "ANSWER ME THEN, DAMMIT!!"

     "I don't like her in that way, Bakugo."

     Now it was Bakugo's turn to be silent, something that was also very rare.

     "I just feel an obligation towards her, that's all," I began to explain. "That night I first met her, and I rescued her from the car, that made me feel like a true hero. And then as I started seeing her around, I noticed how she rarely ever looked happy. I don't know how to explain it, but I want to save her, you know? Because I was where she was once..."

     "So you're just friends. That's it?" Bakugo seemed to have calmed a little. "But I thought you said she was kinda cute."

     "I do think she's cute, but that doesn't mean I'm romantically attracted to her. But yeah, just friends."

      "But you're so protective of her," Bakugo argued. "You slapped my hand away and you glared at me later and made me swap places with you.  Not to mention that you were a nervous wreck when I dialed her number! Don't tell me you feel NOTHING FOR HER!!!"

     "I wasn't ready to talk directly to her when you just stole my phone. None of us were ready, even Midoriya was sweating it."

     "OH PLEASE, DEKU'S ALWAYS NERVOUS. AND YOU'RE HIDING SOMETHING YOU TWO-FACED CREEP!"

      "I'm not hiding anything. Don't tell me you feel nothing for her." In a way, I was actually glad Bakugo had called. I wanted to get to the bottom of this too.

     "YOU ACCUSING ME OF BEING A PERV?!?!"

     "Well...sorta. I was being protective because I didn't want you to get close to her. I'm trying to help her, and you'd kill her."

      "YOU'RE SO ANNOYING!!!! YOU NEED TO SHUT IT!!!! JUST FOR THAT, I'M ASKING HER TO THIS SCHOOL DANCE COMING UP...I'LL SHOW YOU I CAN BE NICE!!!!!!!"

      "..." He's really going to do that? We'll see.

     "TODOROKI...FOR THE RECORD, I DO KINDA LIKE HER!!! Someone's gotta tell the truth eventually!!!!!" 

     After that, all I heard was the steady dial tone. He'd hung up suddenly. 

    I turned off the lamp and crawled into my bed. Whatever, Katsuki Bakugo.

----------

Okay, and we're done! 

Hoped you liked the chapter, I tried to get a little more truth out of the boys as you can see. Are you worried now that Shoto doesn't like you the way you like him? Or do you think he's hiding something and Bakugo senses it? Our icy fireball is one hard puzzle to crack...

Oh and the new roommate...wonder what will happen there.

Thank you all for reading!