Introduction

"Wake up Em," my big sister, Mads, said. "Hmmmmmm how about no?" I asked as I pulled the blanket over my head to go back to bed. "Seriously, do I have to go over this again?" She asked, clearly annoyed. I smirked to myself, "You might as well, I have the memory of a 3 year old." Mads shook her head, but she was smiling. I knew she loved me with my smart alec comebacks. "Okay fine. You are coming with me to town today because you can't stay cooped up in the tree house all day, everyday." "Hah wanna bet, I've been doing it since I was four." I got up while saying this and changed into my clean clothes while Mads talked about how I need to get out of the house and I can't stay in the tree house until our parents get back and bla bla bla. "Okay fine, I'll go with you to town and I'll see if I like it, but I doubt it."

So if you couldn't tell my name is Em. Short for Emily, but no one calls me that anymore. My sisters name is Maddie, but everyone calls her Mads. Our parents left us when we were younger. I was 4, and Mads was 8. Now I'm 14, and Mads is 18, and we are living together in our treehouse in the forest, fixing it and extending it when needed. I had not been to town since Mom and Dad left, Mads goes to town every day for school and work and stuff. She doesn't get home until late, but when she does get home before I go to bed she gives me lessons on math, science, reading, whatever topic happens to come up. Anyways, let's get back to the story.