1

CHAPTER ONE: Prologue
——————————

"I'm telling you," Killua pauses for a brief moment before he takes a bite of his honey-glazed deep fried chicken, swallowing after a whole three minutes of chewing his food, "my dad just won't understand that this is wasting my time!"

Gon simply nods at Killua's complaints while he sips his everyday-morning tea that he would get at a restaurant just two blocks away. For some reason, he keeps inviting Killua to small meetings in that place even when he knows that they will end up becoming a three hours session of hearing Killua rant about his dad's plans for him whatsoever.

But Gon doesn't mind. Maybe he's happy just by having Killua around, his presence is enough to make Gon feel happy.

"My dad wants me to move to York New city."

And those words are enough to make Gon's ears perk up.

"Are you serious? I'll have nobody at school then," Gon says, the sadness clearly visible in his tone as he pouts, "why did your dad tell you to move?"

"Apparently, it's a school where the richest kids attend—or so they say. I heard that they have the best education from the whole continent but I always think that all schools are the same."

"How so?"

"They're all boring and crappy," Killua replies bluntly then smirks at the sight of Gon bursting out of laughter, "I mean, at least you have Kurapika and Leorio in our school so that makes it less crappy." He adds.

"But Kurapika is one year older so I don't see him often. And Leorio—well, as for Leorio, he's going to graduate soon and go to university to study medicine! So I won't have anyone else to be around with."

Killua hums in response, not knowing what else to say next. He just watches Gon, he does nothing else than that. Soon, he finds himself smiling unconsciously, unbothered by the noises made by the other customers around the two boys.

XXX

This is one of the rare occasions when Killua wishes to go back home (if he actually considers it to be "home") even if living with four siblings can be quite a pain to him, he just doesn't want to be far apart from Gon.

If only his father didn't send him to York New City, he wouldn't be in the plane to be bombarded with his seatmate's questions.

And boy, does it make him pissed.

"Hey, why is your hair white? Are you naturally born with it? Must be nice to have such colourful hair. Although I must say, it's pretty weird to see someone with–"

"Oh my God, would you shut up for one second and let me get the damn rest that I deserve after surviving a lecture from my father through voice call?"

"Yikes," the stranger hisses, "that's no way to talk to someone who's older than you, kid. Did your parents teach you some manners?"

"Kid?" Killua emphasizes, "for your information I'm turning eighteen this year, thank you very much."

"You're welcome, new friend!"

This is going to be a long day.

new fanfic whoop whoop
let's hope that this one won't flop