Part 11

LOUIS POV

School on Monday is a real struggle, I've had a week off and I'm better than I was, my cold is completely gone and Ive healed a lot, but I'm still sore. My ribs still ache and I find it hard to concentrate all day. Ben won't let me play football either, until I'm fully healed which could take as long as three or four weeks. I can't be angry at him though I understand his position and I truly don't think I would be able to play. I've been shrugging off questions all day from my peers and Niall has been completely over protective to the point where it's annoying. Helping me across the school yard and being my buffer from a lot of the questions, I really appreciate it though and I know I would do the same for him as his best friend. I have seen Harry and Ben quite a lot throughout the day, they don't talk to me but I know they are just trying to keep their eye on me to make sure I'm okay, I don't want to admit to anyone that I'm scared shitless to go back home and get my things together this afternoon. I don't have a lot but I need some of my clothes, I've been wearing Harry's for a week and they are far to big.

Finally after a very long day, I say goodbye to Niall and get into Bens Mercedes, Harry and Ben in the front and me in the back. As we head to my house to grab my things. I'm so nervous, if my dad is home I'm scared of what he may do, like really scared. I start playing with my fingers and my breathing becomes ragged as we get closer to my house. Ben and Harry keep glancing at me and it's making me even more uncomfortable and nervous.

"Louis, it's okay, you're safe with us he won't be able to touch you" Ben says. Sensing my uneasiness.

"I know I'm just, I'm just worried he will hurt you or something and I'm scared to see him and I don't want to see him" I say hurried.

Harry un buckles his seatbelt and climbs into the back seat with me. He pulls me into his arms and cuddles me tight.

"We won't be their long, just enough time to get your things and go okay, really quick we promise' Harry reassures me and rubs small circles on my back with his thumb calming me.

"Hey Louis, I was thinking, how about we go shopping this weekend for some new clothes hey, we have a whole wardrobe to fill at home for you" Ben says, I know he is trying to distract me from my thoughts.

"Oh, you don't have to buy me things I promise I'm okay with the clothes I have" I tell Ben.

He laughs.

"Louis, I know you aren't used to being taken care of but I can assure you that we will be buying you plenty of things, especially if Casey has anything to do with it" He smiles.

"Really?" I ask surprised.

"Yes, really you better get used to it" he says.

"I will still work though and I will pay you rent too" I tell Ben, I feel guilty they have to spend all their hard earned money on me.

"Louis, I'm actually offended you just said that, we are applying for custody not temporary housing. We are taking you in as our own and that means we treat you as our own Louis" Ben says pointedly but kindly.

I sigh and bury my face in Harry's neck I don't know how to react to his words they are so overwhelming.

The rest of the drive is silent and as we pull up to my house I see my dads car isn't in the driveway.

"He isn't home" I say relieved.

We get out and head up to the front door, I unlock it with my key and we head inside. E house is a complete mess, there are pizza boxes and beer cans and even a few syringes lying all over the floor.