The Girl

A/N: A special thanks to everyone reading! I can't even tell you how much the comments and the votes on this story mean to me! I was going to stop writing the story around chapter 4 but some of you have requested more so I'm going to keep trying on this story and my other Billverly story. Thanks again!

            School was beginning to take a toll on Beverly. The constant reminder from teachers that she needs to work harder and seeing Bill and Emily talk all the time in math. She felt like she was falling apart.
Yet she was put back together a little after school, when Bill would hold her tightly and whisper things into her ear. The way his lips felt against her-
"Beverly!" Bill was whisper shouting at her and when she opened her eyes to see the teacher. "Day dreaming, Marsh?" She shook her head and said sorry. It was just enough to make him go away and start teach again.
Beverly leaned over to thank Bill but Emily was holding his hand. Apparently the lines on your hand could predict your future. She was running her fingers all over them. All over Bill's hands... all over her hands.
After the final bell for the school rang, Beverly was already walking with Richie and Eddie. "Where's Bill?" Eddie asked confused that the two "lovebirds" weren't together.
"Don't know, don't care." She said with confidence but everyone knew that wasn't true. Bill was walking a bit behind them with Emily and Beverly saw it from the corner of her eye.
"You guys want to go to the quarry?" Bill had joined them now with Emily. "This is Emily, i thought she might be Losers Club material." He laughed with Emily. Richie and Eddie agreed, same with Stanley who just joined.
Beverly didn't want to be there with her. She didn't know if that was low but it hurt her. "Maybe another time. I'm not feeling so good." They reached outside and she began walking home because her and Bill usually ride Silver together.
"Bev!" She turned to see Bill smiling and running over with Silver. "What are you doing? I can take you home on Silver." Beverly smiled and hopped on the back. The rest of the losers and Emily began riding their bikes to the quarry.
"Do you want me to stay home?" Bill's question came out of nowhere. It's been a silent and slow ride this entire time. "No, no. Go ahead. They reached the house and Beverly waved him off but he continued sitting there, unknowingly to Beverly who had already shut the door.
Bill's mom had got off work early and saw Beverly. "Oh hi! Where's Bill, he's not in trouble is he?" She was walking over to Beverly. "No, he's going to the quarry. I just wasn't feeling up for it." Bill's mom knew that wasn't the real reason. "What's going on Beverly?" She was saying it softly as if comforting her and got closer. Beverly could feel the tears swelling in her eyes. She hugged Bill's mom who was taken aback but returned it. "It's okay dear. Just tell me what's happening."
"There's a girl at school. Bill has been talking to her a lot more and..." She realized Bill's mom didn't know about them. But she didn't care anymore. "I just thought we had something..." Beverly finished quietly. She felt a lump growing in her throat. Bill's mom was quiet for a second but pulled away from the hug and looked her in the eyes. "Boys around that age can be dumb. I know it may hurt right now, but Bill will come around. He does really like you Beverly. And who knows, maybe it's just because he's being nice to the girl." Beverly nodded but didn't think that was the case.
         Bill was half in the doorway and heard the whole thing. He backed out and sat on the porch. What have I done? I don't like Emily like that... or do I? No. You have Beverly. Beverly is everything. Emily is just a girl. Beverly is THE girl.
         Bill thought that he would return later when Beverly is feeling better. He didn't want to make things worse.
         Arriving at the quarry, everyone had already jumped and was down playing in the water. Emily saw him at the top and waved excitedly, "Jump for it, hotshot!" Bill awkwardly waved and jumped. The only thing he was thinking about when falling was Beverly though. How could I be so stupid?!
         The group wanted to do more chicken fights and so Richie and Eddie already climbed on each other. Bill saw Emily swimming over but quickly turned to Mike. "Be my partner. Please." He whispered. Mike nodded and lowered himself to let Bill on. Emily froze and awkwardly looked around for Stanley who let her climb on top of him.
           The 3 pairs began fighting to stay standing. It lasted a very long time until Richie slipped due to Eddie getting scared and covering his eyes. "Nice job Eds!" Richie picked him up and started throwing him around.
         "You know, I really wanted to be your partner." Bill turned to see Emily. "Oh w-well, maybe n-next time, o-okay?" She nodded and smiled at him. He had to get back to Beverly. "I should be heading back home. My mom will worry." He started swimming to the shore. He could hear the guys snickering as Emily asked what the big deal was. Smiling to himself, nothing is a big deal, Emily. Nothing that concerns you at least... Beverly is THE girl.

A/N: Sorry that this chapter is shorter then the others. I may update it to make it longer later but for now I'm going to start the next chapter. Hope you enjoyed this arc in the story, it's closing out soon.