"Alright," I stepped in between then before Sky could slap Josh away himself. "Let's just go get some food, okay?"

The boys behaved themselves long enough for us to find a restaurant and get a table without any tears or silent treatments.

Ordering food was particularly uneventful, aside from Josh trying to figure out how much bacon he could buy with the extra $5 in his pocket.
(I feel like I've severely excluded the 'bacon enthusiast' canon and I am terribly sorry??)

"14 pieces." He sighed happily, munching on the fourth. "Best $5 I ever spent."

"It's just food." Sky grumbled, stabbing his pancakes with his fork.

"You take that back!" Josh cried angrily.

Sky set his fork down and crossed his arms, staring at Josh pointedly. "No."

"Guys, please," I begged, "You were doing so well."

A FaceTime request suddenly popped up on my phone, saving me from having to try and reason with them.

"Who is it?" Josh asked curiously, shoving another piece of bacon into his mouth.

I bit back a smile as I read the name that was displayed across the screen.

Aiden Tracer

I accepted it without hesitation, turning the phone so Josh and Sky could see it as well.

"Mom!" Josh exclaimed happily, his mouth full of food.

She laughed, waving excitedly. "Hi! What're you eating?"

"Bacon!" He replied.

"Have you been good for Austyn this morning?"

His smile vanished, and he looked over at me. "Have I?"

I nodded. "They've both been pretty good. Two near-arguments, but so far, everybody's in one piece."

She smiled, offering me faux applause. "Brava! How's Ben?"

"They told me he was awake last night, he was awake when we saw him this morning, and they're releasing him this afternoon."

"That's good," she said sincerely. "That's really good. I'm glad he's feeling better."

"I'm sorry I can't say the same for all of us." I dipped my head in Sky's direction.

"Ah," she nodded in understanding, before speaking to the sad redhead. "Good morning, Skyler."

"Good morning." He answered. "You look very pretty today."

She laughed. "Thank you."

"I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"When are you coming back?" He inquired, his bronze eyes gazing at her pleadingly.

"Soon." She said. "Try not to be so sad, okay?"

"Okay."

"Smile for me?" She asked.

He did as she asked, managing a small grin.

"Ugh." She smiled back at him. "You're so handsome."

Josh gripped my hand under the table, desperately trying not to screech at how cute they were.

"Alright," She exhaled, offering a frown. "I have to go pick my mom up from the airport before my next rehearsal, but I'll talk to you guys again later, okay?"

"We'll make sure Ben's here next time." I promised. "If he's awake, that is."

"Let the kid rest all he needs." She agreed. "I'll spam his text messages if I have to."