//6//

I awoke abruptly, my sleep was interrupted by Ada- who burst into my room singing songs. The sleep that still lingered disappeared and a smile spread across my face. Ada just began jumping on my bed. "IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU TWO GIRLS ARE FUCKING, now WHO WANTS BREAKFAST?!" John shouted, reminding us about what happened last night. His perky face turned into the doorframe and the toothpick in his mouth almost fell out because of how hard he had grinned.
"Let a woman change into decent clothing!" I exclaimed, earning a chuckle from him and an excited shake from Ada.

Johns attractive face disappeared and I listened to his distinct footsteps walking downstairs and into the kitchen, Ada told me that she would be waiting for me to do my makeup- to which I agreed with a grin. As soon as she left I closed the door and slipped off my nightmare and shuffled into the dress, it gripped at my sides comfortably but I had to do up the back. "ADA!!" I cried out, needing her help for this task that I couldn't manage to do myself. She burst through the door panting.
"WHAT?!" John and polly followed with distressed looks. When they saw the situation I covered myself up.
"I can help you take the dress off if you really want." John winked just to be pushed aside by polly and told to go downstairs again. He sighed, a smirk lingered though.

As Ada did up the buttons to my dress my mind wandered off to different matters, setting aside the constant reminder of the knife that was tucked away in my hosiery. No one would ever find out that it was there, unless- images of Thomas Shelby's face corrupted my thoughts, invading everything. When I brought myself back from the little cloud 9 I was on, I found myself staring at the deep brown wooden floorboard. A faint blush dusted my cheeks, Ada didn't seem to notice to my fortune. She then proceeded to grab my hand and lead me through the corridors to her room so she could style me, I couldn't seem to snap out my daze as she tied my hair up. "A penny for your thoughts." She said as she turned around to do my makeup.
"What's Billy Kimber like?" I replied bluntly, she winced at the name but relaxed instantly.
"Nasty piece of work. Avoid him if you can." Ada answered abruptly, clearly not interested in pursuing the small talk any further. I nodded and stayed quiet for the rest of the time we spent together until it was time for me to go.

••••

I waited patiently outside the Garrison, twiddling with my thumbs and not focusing to the racket around me, that was until I heard something that perked up my ears. "Some paddy got shot, people saying it was a lass." Chatted some factory worker to his pal, I kept my head down and eavesdropped further. "I heard that aye, Strawberry blonde hair lass isn't it?" I widened my eyes slightly, they were just about to say something else but Tommy's voice filled my ears.

My gaze turned towards the car he was sat in, and a smile replaced my previously curious expression. He sat there looking amused as I climbed in, "Just me and you?" I asked, curious now to where the other boys were.
"Indeed m'lady, they will join us there though," He informed me whilst I caught a cheeky glint in his eyes, "Me and you need to get into the same room as Billy Kimber, so you are Miss Laura of charltonbury and I am your Portuguese butler who conveniently can't speak a word of English." He finished with a serious look on his face. I squinted my eyes for a moment, trying to get my head round what he had just told me.
"Hang on a moment, is Charltonbury even a place."
"Oh I don't bloody know (y/n)-you can change it to whatever you want. As long as it's believable and gets us past security." He snapped, keeping his eyes only on the road. I rolled my eyes and looked out to the country side that passed us. "On other news, have you heard anything from the Sabini gang that could be of any use to us peaky blinders."
"No, I haven't spoken to anyone recently. I apologise." I hung my head and looked at my heels whilst moving my feet around to avoid cramps.
"Ok well try and infiltrate in the Italian comminuty, that's your fucking job after all."
"Was it?" I snapped back sarcastically.
"Keep your mouth shut until we arrive at Cheltenham." The Shelby brother replied calmly, not seeming phased by my petty little irritation. I sighed and gave up once more on conversation.

••••

We had got into the dance successfully and were now dancing closely together. "Awfully crowded." I chuckled with a bright smile plastered on my face, revealing my pearly whites.
"What did you expect?" Said Tom with a slight side smirk, I shook my head and giggled whilst I leant it on the crook of his neck comfortably. He seemed to become quite rigid because of the fact we were so close, so I pulled away and apologised. "For what?" He asked me confused to why I was so flustered all of a sudden.
"Never mind." I told him, trying to cut short this subject and try and spark another bit of banter with him, he suddenly began moving in a certain direction, "Either you have a very strong left food or were getting away." I stated.

We arrived at a door, which opened- revealing Arthur with bags of money and cash. "Oh for fucks sake." I mumbled under my voice, seeing the direction we were now going in. I turned around one more time to say hello to Arthur, but I had done so too late and he had already left.

But we were making a beeline to Billy Kimber's table.