Chapter 1

Every family has this one other family that they're super close with and you practically refer to that family's kids as "brother" and "sister". That is by far the worst gene pool to decide to pick from. I was extremely close to one of the boys in this family and he speedily became one of my best friends. I hadn't ever met the extended part of the family, meaning I'd never met his elder brother. I know that sounds weird, but the guy was in a full time job and didn't stay at home anymore. The only intimate interactions we'd had were through this guy and his dope ass uncle. His uncle then hosted a house warming and I met his brother. I felt as the crush seeped into my bones as I looked at him. Keep in my mind, this dude was 25 and I was 17. It felt so inappropriate to me, but I could not help myself. I told my best friend and he laughed his ass off. He thought I was joking for a second, but he quickly realised I wasn't. He told me there was no way he would hook me up with his brother and I shouldn't even ask him to. I knew he was right. Breaking up would be hard cause I would still see him and we had an age gap of nearly 10 years. Not that I had really considered the age thing, but I considered the awkward thing. My best friend is close to my mom too, so accidentally let it slip that I find him cute, which she rubbed in every time he was near and eventually told him after keeping it in for all of 2 instances. This guy instantaneously started favouring me and appeasing this absurd crush, almost like he was flattered. He told me how cute he thought it was that I thought he was cute and pretty much treated me like how anyone would think someone was adorable, but they wouldn't ever date them. To be honest with you, the whole attitude swap annoys me, but I guess I kinda did it to myself. Moral of the story, don't date "inside" the family.