Monster- Conor

Its pretty sucky but I think I did an adequate job of it. Its just Conor fighting the Wyrm in his mind and thats it. I really like the Aesthetic I made for this One-Shot. Its creepy just like me. It also has parts of the song Monster by Skillet

It always started with a stinking dream. That was what Conor hated most about it because he felt the most helpless there. The dream was about the Wyrm. It coiled in the shadows of his dreams and was always ready to pounce when Conor thought it was safe. It seeped into him and filled his veins and mind.

The secret side of me, I never let you see

I keep it caged but I can’t control it

So stay away from me, the beast is ugly

I feel the rage and I just can’t hold it.

Conor felt like a monster as the Wyrm showed him his worst memories. Giving away the Iron Boar for his family. Learning that Tarik had died. Not fighting the Wyrm hard enough and being controlled. Almost destroying the only possible way of saving the world.

It's scratching on the walls, in the closet, in the halls

It comes awake and I can't control it

Hiding under the bed, in my body, in my head

Why won't somebody come and save me from this, make it end?

Conor felt sweat all over his body and he was pretty sure he heard something under the bed. When he checked the Wyrms cold smile with millions of teeth came right up to his face. He shrieked and fell onto the floor. The Wyrm came closer to him and studied him.

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skin

I must confess that I feel like a monster

I hate what I've become, the nightmare's just begun

I must confess that I feel like a monster

Conor felt the cold feeling cover his body in black liquid and consume him. The Wyrm moved through his thoughts and asked him “Why are you so strong? Why do you still resist me when you are so pitifully weak?” Conor felt a little hope from that statement but it was soon replaced with the cold feeling of dread.

It's hiding in the dark, it's teeth are razor sharp

There's no escape for me, it wants my soul, it wants my heart

No one can hear me scream, maybe it's just a dream

Maybe it's inside of me, stop this monster

Conor suddenly realised he was really tired. How easy would it be to just fall asleep forever and never have to worry about anything ever again. He fell softly to the floor. Maybe the Wyrm was right. He was pitiful and weak.

I hate what I've become, the nightmare's just begun

I must confess that I feel like a monster!

But suddenly as he was about to fall asleep he heard a voice apart from the Wyrms.

NO!

He saw many of his best memories from his friends. He saw himself hunting in the woods with Abeke smiling as they raced each other. He saw himself with Rollan laughing as they played a prank on some random person. He saw himself playing chess with Meilin laughing as she beat him again for the hundredth time.

Conor then noticed something very strange while he felt the memories wash through him. The Wyrm slightly recoiled from him. It was small but he still felt it. The Wyrm fed on bad memories and was weakened by good memories.

He remembered when he was playing in the courtyard with Briggan. Tackling each other through the grass. He saw himself with Tarik talking about random stuff. He saw himself in big cuddle pile with the four fallen and talking about anything with each other.

The Wyrm hissed in his mind. “No! What is happening?” Conor felt the presence slowly sliding off him. Conor felt hundreds of memories from his years of living with his friends wash over him. The Wyrm slipping from him until its cold feeling was completely gone.

Conor woke up a few hours later feeling happy for the first time in weeks. He bounded down to breakfast and greeted Abeke cheerfully. Abeke noticed his happiness asked him what had happened. “I’m free the Wyrm Abeke!” Conor exclaimed.

Abeke smiled at this and replied “We should celebrate this occasion Conor. What do you want to do?” Conor thought about this for a second and said “We should go hunting in the woods around Greenhaven today. It would be fun to spend all day in nature instead of the castle. What do you think?”

Abeke smirked and said “Do you want to do it it with Meilin and Rollan when they wake or just us two?”

“Waiting for Rollan to wake up? Pass.” Conor replied with a smirk. They both burst out laughing at that statement. After that they both finished their breakfasts and quickly ran to their rooms eager to get their stuff and get the day off started. They met at the front gate and walked out with each other to hunt for the day.

I'll probably make a sequel to this featuring Coneke but for now thats it. Hope you enjoy this trash and have a great day!